Windows 10: Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working.

Discus and support Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a issue with Windows 10. The Windows Update stopped working, I discovered it when I was trying to install an app from the Microsoft Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/random_personUwU, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working.

Hello, I have a issue with Windows 10. The Windows Update stopped working, I discovered it when I was trying to install an app from the Microsoft Store and it gave me an error (0x80070422), after that I tried to see if I had any new updates and then it gave me another error saying that I should do a troubleshoot. When I did troubleshoot it did nothing, so I decided to search for the error and it did gave me some solutions but they all failed.

Should I reinstall Windows 10 (I have an OEM License), if yes will I need to buy Windows again?

submitted by /u/random_personUwU
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/random_personUwU, Feb 22, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Feb 22, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working.

Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Totally agreed with the editorial, personally I have a phobia for apps, they take the control away from you. Taking about security risk, what about the apps of the Windows store that are in themselves a security risk, and if so, will Microsoft takes responsibility for that. In my newly install Windows got crippled by Windows apps, namely I cannot update the graphic driver, and I cannot restore Windows to an early point. It costs me A$150 to get it check out. And I am advised not to any of the Windows apps in the meantime, until Windows store got the fix. But they've never informed you that Windows store got corrupted in the first place, how are they going to inform you it got the fix?

Hossein Almet, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working.

1. Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working. - Similar Threads - doesn't let install

2. Microsoft store will not let me install purchased app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store will not let me install purchased app...: my computer had some issues random restarts after installing minecraft. so I ended up having to do a system restore from a week back. Now I can't install minecraft anymore from the store... Tried signing out of store, restart computer, running WSReset.exeNothing is working....
  3. Microsoft store will not let me install purchased app...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store will not let me install purchased app...: my computer had some issues random restarts after installing minecraft. so I ended up having to do a system restore from a week back. Now I can't install minecraft anymore from the store... Tried signing out of store, restart computer, running WSReset.exeNothing is working....
  4. Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything: so it all started about 2 months ago when I went to install the Xbox app on my pc. when I went to install it it said "there was an error on our end" and it said try again later. so I waited a couple days and tried again, it said the same thing so I gave up. today 11/9/21 I...
  5. Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything: so it all started about 2 months ago when I went to install the Xbox app on my pc. when I went to install it it said "there was an error on our end" and it said try again later. so I waited a couple days and tried again, it said the same thing so I gave up. today 11/9/21 I...
  6. Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything

7. Windows store not letting me install games or apps

Windows store not letting me install games or apps: i recently swaped out my hard drive and started fresh and when i went to download game such as forza titles and sea of thieves it would not let me install them to my computer ive tried reseting microsoft store and the register device page on my microsoft account page dosent...
  8. Microsoft store not letting me install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not letting me install: ive been trying to install roblox but all it says is get and when i click it, it does nothing at all. is there any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-letting-me-install/03dd68ee-8f82-44d0-9885-ae450e1a2664
  9. Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't let me install Microsoft Store apps and Windows Updates stopped working.: Hello, I have a issue with Windows 10. The Windows Update stopped working, I discovered it when I was trying to install an app from the Microsoft Store and it gave me an error 0x80070422, after that I tried to see if I had any new updates and then it gave me another error...
  10. Microsoft store won't let me install apps

Microsoft store won't let me install apps: I had an issue with Minecraft not updating, so I chose to uninstall it and reinstall it, but I can't reinstall it because the Microsoft store won't let me install apps anymore. When I click the install button, it either does nothing, or it disappears. Can someone please help?...