Windows 10: Windows doesnt list network computers and NAS devices

Discus and support Windows doesnt list network computers and NAS devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been struggling with this problem quite some time now (more than one year). Windows 10 Pro 1903 In my Windows "Network Places", I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Salvora, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Salvora Win User

Windows doesnt list network computers and NAS devices

Hello,

I've been struggling with this problem quite some time now (more than one year).

Windows 10 Pro 1903

In my Windows "Network Places", I don't see any other computer than my own and router. It is a home network so it is a private network. Sharing is enabled. I did a clean install of the windows recently and in the beginning there was no problem. But after some time, they just disappeared. I can access them by manually writing ip or the name but they just don't show up on their own in my network places.

It was the same with my previous pc. I've narrowed it down the issue. If I juggle between different networks (connect to 2.4ghz then connect to 5.0 ghz, then connect to LAN then connect to another SSID, connect to a VPN, etc...), this inevitably happens. Maybe windows gets confused with all these different networks. I've tried "Automatic Function Discovery", resetting Network settings and some other stuff I cannot remember right now.

This thing gets resolved only if I do a major Windows update, like if I update from 1803 to 1809 or 1903. After everything is normal, if I don't juggle between different networks, it stays the same with no problem.

I don't want to do a clean install again just to gain this simple functionality. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Salvora, Aug 6, 2019

2. NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Aug 6, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    QNAP Expands Turbo NAS Peripherals Compatibility List with New Devices

QNAP Systems, Inc. announced today a major expansion of the number of compatible peripherals available for its Turbo NAS products. The major additions include three Toshiba 3.5-inch internal SATA hard drives and an Intel 2.5-inch internal SSD, a Western Digital 2.5-inch external storage device, and six USB TV tuners.

Windows doesnt list network computers and NAS devices 97e_thm.jpg

The newly compatible 3.5" internal SATA hard drives:
    • Toshiba - DT01ACA300 (3TB)
    • Toshiba - DT01ACA200 (2TB)
    • Toshiba - DT01ACA200 (HDS723020BLE640) (2TB)
    The newly compatible 2.5" internal SSD:
    • Intel - Intel SSD 520 Series (240GB)
    The newly compatible 2.5" external storage device:
    • Western Digital - 2.5" Elements Portable (WDBPCK5000ABK) (500GB)
    The newly compatible USB TV tuners:
    • AverMedia - A835 (AVerTV Volar HD)
    • Hauppauge - WinTV NOVA-T Stick
    • Kworld - KW-DVB-T 399U
    • PCTV Systems - nanoStick Solo 73e SE
    • SparkLan - DVA-102 DVB-T
    • Transonic - DVB-3011
    Visit www.qnap.com/compatibility for more information. See the entire lineup of QNAP Turbo NAS products at www.qnap.com.

btarunr, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Windows doesnt list network computers and NAS devices

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Windows doesnt list network computers and NAS devices [​IMG]

putermaker, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows doesnt list network computers and NAS devices

1. Windows doesnt list network computers and NAS devices - Similar Threads - doesnt list network

2. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  3. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list: I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the...
  4. Windows 10, networks and NAS

Windows 10, networks and NAS: Hi All I have two main PCs that I use on a home network, together with QNAPTS431 box. This setup worked reliably for years under Windows 7. Since "upgrading" reluctantly to Win 10 recently I have had nothing but problems. Connections are slow and unreliable, dropping...
  5. NAS on network

NAS on network: Hi guys I have some problem with my windows. In fact i can't see my devices(nas) connected on my network. I only can see my pc. I need your help. I have Bitdefender and i'm connected with cpl box. Thanks...
  6. Unknown device in network listing

Unknown device in network listing: I noticed a device that I did not recognize in my file explorer Desktop/Network The device named TB-EGARNER (my computer is Simone) Is this familiar to anyone and should I be concerned? [IMG]...
  7. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  8. Network notwork - computers listed as media devices. 1803 again!

Network notwork - computers listed as media devices. 1803 again!: Notwork of 3 computers, Win 10, all patched to v1803, D is pro, hard wired to router, E is wife's desk and R is new portable - both 10-home on Wi-Fi. R is new, an Asus SonicMaster S510U that is recognized by the router. It has internet connectivity but I cannot transfer...
  9. Computer not listed on 'network'

Computer not listed on 'network': Hi Everyone I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.) The...
  10. MyCloud NAS not showing up in Network computers

MyCloud NAS not showing up in Network computers: Hi everyone! Just got an ASUS ZenBook UX305 and am having trouble mapping network drives as I can't connect to the devices via explorer (either in the list in Network under "computers" or my manually browsing to the device name or the IP address). It's like it doesn't...