Windows 10: Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly

Discus and support Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I boot my pc and log in to windows my 2nd monitor is in portrait but the background acts like its in 16:9 which results in it being cropped out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Senn_, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Senn_ Win User

Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly

When I boot my pc and log in to windows my 2nd monitor is in portrait but the background acts like its in 16:9 which results in it being cropped out and a black space at the bottom. This also changes my powertoys's fancyzone layout to the one on my main monitor and I lose the option to set wallpaper for monitor x in the "Background settings"The way I fix this right now is by doing win + p and changing it to duplicate and then back to extend but that is pretty inconveniant to do each time so I am looking for a permament solution.screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ETkULqB

:)

Senn_, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Comexs Win User

Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.

Okay I had the same problem so can you report the bug for me since my PC doesn't let me but basically with windows 11 you can change the wallpaper for each desktop but for some reason you can't change the the monitor wallpaper unless you get rid of all the desktops then you have the option to change per monitor.

Steps to fix

1. Windows button + TAB
    2. get rid of all the desktops at the bottom of the screen but 1
    3. go to your background setting, right click on a picture and wala it now says monitor instead of Desktop
    Please report it for me and replay to me if it works.

Comexs, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.

Okay I had the same problem so can you report the bug for me since my PC doesn't let me but basically with windows 11 you can change the wallpaper for each desktop but for some reason you can't change the the monitor wallpaper unless you get rid of all the desktops then you have the option to change per monitor.

Steps to fix

1. Windows button + TAB
    2. get rid of all the desktops at the bottom of the screen but 1
    3. go to your background setting, right click on a picture and wala it now says monitor instead of Desktop
    Please report it for me and replay to me if it works.

Wow. it's fixed. thank you so much. this is the only solution for me. ❤️

Suranjaya Wedagedara, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly

I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system.

Hello Kevin

I installed PowerToys via Microsoft Store. There are other ways and more information listed here, out of which I chose Microsoft Store.

However, whenever I try to uninstall it, it leads me to the Control Panel, which, as I said earlier, doesn't show PowerToys in its list. I am confused because I tried these same steps on my other Microsoft Store applications, and your steps seem to be perfectly applicable to these applications.

AnonymousFYIFYI_107, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly

1. Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly - Similar Threads - doesnt load portrait

2. Windows doesnt work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesnt work properly: Im using W10 pro version and my windows update wont update. The first various updates install succesful but when the last one optional update remains it wont get updated. I have tried to fix this issue using recovery mode keeping your data, installing windows media creation...
  3. Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly

Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly: When I boot my pc and log in to windows my 2nd monitor is in portrait but the background acts like its in 16:9 which results in it being cropped out and a black space at the bottom. This also changes my powertoys's fancyzone layout to the one on my main monitor and I lose the...
  4. Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesnt load portrait monitor wallpaper / powertoys properly: When I boot my pc and log in to windows my 2nd monitor is in portrait but the background acts like its in 16:9 which results in it being cropped out and a black space at the bottom. This also changes my powertoys's fancyzone layout to the one on my main monitor and I lose the...
  5. Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors: I understand this question has been asked years ago. I'm looking to just continue bugging Microsoft to implement such a simple feature. When operating with a secondary monitor in portrait mode, why is there no keyboard shortcut to snap to the top/bottom halves of the portrait...
  6. Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors

Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors: I understand this question has been asked years ago. I'm looking to just continue bugging Microsoft to implement such a simple feature. When operating with a secondary monitor in portrait mode, why is there no keyboard shortcut to snap to the top/bottom halves of the portrait...
  7. having a dual monitor wallpaper, and a separate wallpaper on third portrait monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    having a dual monitor wallpaper, and a separate wallpaper on third portrait monitor: Hey all, Sorry if this has been asked somewhere before. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything so I thought I'd post. Basically, I have a triple monitor setup in portrait - landscape - landscape setup. What I'm trying to do is have a regular dual screen wallpaper on...
  8. “Recovery: Windows couldn’t load properly” caused by monitor.

“Recovery: Windows couldn’t load properly” caused by monitor.: Recently, I tried to turn on my pc and was hit with a “:/ Recovery: Windows couldn’t load properly” error message. After tinkering and messing with some troubleshoot tools, one of my friends said I should unplug some devices (e.g, a monitor and my keyboard) to simplify the...
  9. Desktop Wallpaper with Portrait and Landscape monitors broken?

Desktop Wallpaper with Portrait and Landscape monitors broken?: [ATTACH] Sometimes when I start up my PC, the wallpaper on my portrait (right) monitor breaks in the way that is depicted here. Is there a fix that can rectify this? This is an extremely irritating occurrence. submitted by /u/captainjelly [link] [comments]...
  10. Change Monitor to Portrait

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Monitor to Portrait: Split from this thread. monitor needs changing to 'portrait/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-monitor-to-portrait/921f15f9-ce8b-49ae-a5ab-7ead79b41981

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant manage portrait monitor wallpaper