Windows 10: Windows doesnt open.

Discus and support Windows doesnt open. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i open my PC it says "your pc did not start correctly". When i tried to open my pc in safe mode to scan for viruses it still didnt work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KertR, Dec 18, 2020.

1. KertR Win User

Windows doesnt open.

When i open my PC it says "your pc did not start correctly". When i tried to open my pc in safe mode to scan for viruses it still didnt work. Uninstalling latest updates gives me an error and startup repair also gives me an error. I can only access the command prompt. I have tried to find a srttrail.txt error fix through command prompt but I had a problem when i tried to use the bootrec /fixboot command. It said that "The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted".

:)

KertR, Dec 18, 2020

2. ati tool doesnt open in a window

my version of ati tool is 0.26 (stable). My graphics card is hd 4850 ati.
    When i double click to turn on ati tool, it opens in the system tray but doesnt open in a window and i am not able to use it.
    one time i clicked a lot of times and the one a small part of the window opened and then i got a blue screen

how can i solve this

lifebennder, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Windows doesnt open.

Windows store Doesnt open.

Hi Mayan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to open Windows Store, Mail and Calendar Apps after upgrade to Windows 10. We will work together to resolve this issue.

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Clear the Store cache:

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the App.

Method 2: Re-register the Store App and check.

• Right click on Start button on the desktop and select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Here, User Account Control window pops up and click on
      Yes
      to open Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
    • Type the below command in the Command Prompt:
    • powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Method 3: I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check:

• Open the Task manager.
      Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

• Type CMD.

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

• powershell

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    6. Close the CMD window.

Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows doesnt open.

1. Windows doesnt open. - Similar Threads - doesnt open

2. my Microsoft store doesnt open as always

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Microsoft store doesnt open as always: I always had problems with openning MS Store on Windows 11. I have all the updates and still that app is not openning. Whats the reason ? I click on the icon and the loading screen appears then nothin is hapenning. I have this problem for ages and microsoft team is still not...
  3. my Microsoft store doesnt open as always

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Microsoft store doesnt open as always: I always had problems with openning MS Store on Windows 11. I have all the updates and still that app is not openning. Whats the reason ? I click on the icon and the loading screen appears then nothin is hapenning. I have this problem for ages and microsoft team is still not...
  4. Usb stick doesnt show up anymore anywhere when i open steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb stick doesnt show up anymore anywhere when i open steam: Can someone help i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stick-doesnt-show-up-anymore-anywhere-when-i/4a1748e2-4ebe-4423-b956-0b857237911a
  5. Usb stick doesnt show up anymore anywhere when i open steam

Usb stick doesnt show up anymore anywhere when i open steam: Can someone help i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stick-doesnt-show-up-anymore-anywhere-when-i/4a1748e2-4ebe-4423-b956-0b857237911a
  6. I HAVE THE CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY BUT DOESNT OPEN MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE THE CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY BUT DOESNT OPEN MY COMPUTER: I HAVE THE CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY BUT DOESNT OPEN MY COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-correct-bitlocker-recovery-key-but/361667ab-ef53-4bd5-8418-75f24509a910
  7. I HAVE THE CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY BUT DOESNT OPEN MY COMPUTER

I HAVE THE CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY BUT DOESNT OPEN MY COMPUTER: I HAVE THE CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY BUT DOESNT OPEN MY COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-correct-bitlocker-recovery-key-but/361667ab-ef53-4bd5-8418-75f24509a910
  8. I HAVE THE CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY BUT DOESNT OPEN MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open: my xbox game bar won't open even when it's enabled. I click windows + g and it doesnt open, someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-game-bar-which-doesnt-open/db143144-e144-4fc6-84e4-817d5aa66874
  10. How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open

How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open: my xbox game bar won't open even when it's enabled. I click windows + g and it doesnt open, someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-game-bar-which-doesnt-open/db143144-e144-4fc6-84e4-817d5aa66874