Windows 10: Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows

Discus and support Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need help. I just upgraded my desktop to a new mobo and cpu. I reused my gpu ram and ssd drives so thought it wouldnt cause a problem. I now have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Grahamtobin, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows

I need help.

I just upgraded my desktop to a new mobo and cpu. I reused my gpu ram and ssd drives so thought it wouldnt cause a problem. I now have a problem where my windows needs to be activated. I went into setting. with my windows 7pro disk code and it says it doesnt work.

I know that since then windows has gone to 8 and 10 and in effect i have had to upgrade. I have 10 pro on my machine but if it doesnt recognise my official purchase code what can i do?

Is there some site way to link my disk with the current version of windows that is installed. All official upgrades as windows has offered them.

Error that came up is product key you entered didnt work check the product key and try again or enter a different one.

Error code 0x80070005

:)

Grahamtobin, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 10, 2020
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows

1. Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows - Similar Threads - doesnt recognise upgraded

2. My upgrade asks me for an activation in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My upgrade asks me for an activation in Windows 11: HelloI had a version of Windows 10 pro and just did a reinitialization of my hard drive i.e. A clean install. After the initialization and a clean install, Windows was asking me for an activation code. I was not able to find it. I was told that Windows 11 was free so I...
  3. My upgrade asks me for an activation in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My upgrade asks me for an activation in Windows 11: HelloI had a version of Windows 10 pro and just did a reinitialization of my hard drive i.e. A clean install. After the initialization and a clean install, Windows was asking me for an activation code. I was not able to find it. I was told that Windows 11 was free so I...
  4. Laptop asking me to activate my windows os

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop asking me to activate my windows os: Hi, I have an HP laptop and suddenly it's starting me to activate windows again. I have contacted HP suppost and told me that I should try reinstalling again, I tried it but cannot proceed since I cannot boot up from USB since I don't have BIOS password since I'm not the...
  5. It doesnt let me press activate windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    It doesnt let me press activate windows: When i go on settings and click on activate windows, my whole settings just stops respondingcrashes and then i have to close it and open it again. If i try to do it again the same thing happens. After i scroll down and click the activation link, my whole settings diesthe...
  6. laptop asking me to activate windows.

laptop asking me to activate windows.: My HP Elitebook 840 G6 has decided that it has had enough of it's windows 10 pro activation and has decided that I need to activate windows again. I have tried contacting HP Support, they suggested that I should try reinstalling it using some proprietary reinstaller that...
  7. Windows asking to Activate after upgrade...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows asking to Activate after upgrade...: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from OEM Windows 10 Home. The upgrade initially failed, but on reboot, indicate it's now Windows Enterprise. Now it's asking me to Activate Windows. When I , which it won't do. Troubleshooting Activation fails with error 0x80070005. My Pro order...
  8. My laptop asks me to activate windows

My laptop asks me to activate windows: Hey i had this laptop for about a year now then it says i need to activate my windows but it is pre installed and i don't know where my product key is....
  9. Windows is asking me to activate?

Windows is asking me to activate?: Hello, yesterday I got a brand new motherboard, cpu, and decided to start all over so Windows could be on an SSD. I already had the usb boot for it so once it was good to go I downloaded Windows and it didn't show anything for a day so I thought it was good. But I woke up...
  10. Windows asking me to activate

Windows asking me to activate: Soo kind of a long story. I had windows 10 installed on my hard drive that was upgraded from the windows 7 that was originally installed on the hard drive from my years ago. I recently decided to get a new motherboard and with the old motherboard i put together a second pc...