Windows 10: Windows doesn't recognize camera

Discus and support Windows doesn't recognize camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I switched to a new computer and had to re-install everything. I have a VX1000 LifeCam Microsoft camera which Windows did not recognize at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lior100, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Lior100 Win User

Windows doesn't recognize camera

Hello

I switched to a new computer and had to re-install everything. I have a VX1000 LifeCam Microsoft camera which Windows did not recognize at all at the beginning, so I re-downloaded all the drivers and updated everything.

Now Windows does recognize it... but only as a microphone.

Can't figure this one out. When I go to control Panel, the camera isn't recognized. The camera App doesn't recognize it. Skype doesn't recognize it. But Skype and control panel do recognize it as a microphone.

So I don't get it. If drivers are updated, why only part of the function of the device is recognized?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Lior100, Apr 6, 2019

2. Camera N96 doesn´t work

Hello

When I press the camera button to take a picture the phone says. "Camera: the function doesn´t exits" in swedish "Kamera: Funktionen stöds inte."

And I can´t send mms either but the phone is set up properly. It´s like it missing softwear to work, i have no usb cable and the Nokia softwear updater seems to only work with the usb cable instead of bluetooth. I have reasently format the harddrive and
    there is a 64 mb memorycard in the phone.

any ideas?

lirum---01, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Asus tramsformer book T100TAF Windows 10 camera doesn`t work

On Asus tramsformer book T100TAF doesn`t work camera. It shows only a black screen.

Diana Leonova, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Windows doesn't recognize camera

camera Carl Zeiss 12MP Nokia N8 doesn´t work

Hi Guys!!! I have a Problem with Nokia N8, the camera doesn´t work, I can open the camera software and runs fine, but does not display picture (black screen), it doesn´t displays imagen in video rec mode too, if I select second camera it works well. I've
    seen that Carl Zeiss camera lens does not open when I take a picture or rec video, can this be a problem in the firmware?

I bought Nokia N8 two weeks ago, and I didn´t do any test of camera until today, My big mistake!!! :smileymad:

cdelgado67, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows doesn't recognize camera

1. Windows doesn't recognize camera - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize camera

2. Hello doesn't recognize my camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello doesn't recognize my camera: Hello doesn't recognize my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-doesnt-recognize-my-camera/e0804ed2-1a79-40a7-88b1-e05271d3733a
  3. Hello doesn't recognize my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello doesn't recognize my camera: Hello doesn't recognize my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-doesnt-recognize-my-camera/e0804ed2-1a79-40a7-88b1-e05271d3733a
  4. Facial Recognition Doesn't Recognize Camera and FaceDriver File is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition Doesn't Recognize Camera and FaceDriver File is Missing: I have a brand new Lenovo x1 yoga gen 7 laptop that's not even 24 hours old. It came with Windows 11 and is supposed to have facial recognition, but when I have tried to set up the feature in sign-in options underneath the option it says "this option currently is...
  5. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my camera for "Hello" sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize my camera for "Hello" sign-in: I've been trying to set up my laptop for "Hello", so I don't have to put in a pin each time. I get two messages:1. "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face..2. I removed a driver under "biometrics" in device manager as instructed on one of the answers....
  6. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my camera for "Hello" sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize my camera for "Hello" sign-in: I've been trying to set up my laptop for "Hello", so I don't have to put in a pin each time. I get two messages:1. "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face..2. I removed a driver under "biometrics" in device manager as instructed on one of the answers....
  7. camera not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera not recognized: Why can't I access a different memory card I just inserted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-recognized/c6878ed1-fb51-4a67-a8cc-e96fda0301fe
  8. Camera is not recognized

Camera is not recognized: Hello, My Camera is not working on my ACER Aspire V, Windows 10. 1 When I try to open it says there is the error 0xA00F4244 2During Skype call it doesn't work 3 Privacy Settings are ok, the permission is given to all the app I would use 4 In Device Manager "camera" it...
  9. CAMERA NOT RECOGNIZED

CAMERA NOT RECOGNIZED: ERROR SAYS "CAMERA NOT FOUND". ALL PRIVACY AND APP SETTING CHECKED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-recognized/4c8830b5-c972-47d8-a9d9-3718b4919bde
  10. Camera not recognized

Camera not recognized: Some time in the last 10 days, Windows 10 stopped recognizing my Canon camera. I connect the camera to the PC with a USB cable when I wish to upload new pictures. Now, however, when I connect the camera and turn it on, the camera displays "Communication error". When I open...