Windows 10: Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history

Discus and support Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows doesn't recognize drive for file historyhow to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BobLnr, Aug 17, 2022.

1. BobLnr Win User

Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history

Windows doesn't recognize drive for file historyhow to fix?

:)

BobLnr, Aug 17, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 18, 2022
  3. File History drive

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if your File History drive has been disconnected for too long, or it doesn't have enough space to save temporary versions of your files. To continue saving copies of your files, you'll need to reconnect your File History drive.
    Plug in your external File History drive or reselect your network. You can start a backup manually or wait for the next scheduled backup or reselect the drive. Here is the steps:

To manually start a backup

• Open File History by pressing Windows key> type File History
      > Click on File History.

• Tap or click Back up now.

To reselect your drive

• Open File History by pressing Windows key> type File History
      > Click on File History.

• Tap or click Select drive.

• On the Select a File History drive page, tap or click your current drive or network location, and then tap or click
      OK.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history

How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history

1. Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize drive

2. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10: I have been using a 440GB SATA SSD drive to save the File History on Windows 10 but it's getting full, so I repurposed a 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO drive to use instead this used to be my boot drive but I upgraded to a 2TB M.2 drive.When I go through the steps to replace the old...
  3. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10: I have been using a 440GB SATA SSD drive to save the File History on Windows 10 but it's getting full, so I repurposed a 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO drive to use instead this used to be my boot drive but I upgraded to a 2TB M.2 drive.When I go through the steps to replace the old...
  4. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File History Doesn't Recognize This Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Doesn't Recognize This Drive: As you can see from the screenshot my One Touch drive is listed however File History doesn't recognize it. What am I supposed to understand from this?...
  6. File History Doesn't Recognize This Drive

File History Doesn't Recognize This Drive: As you can see from the screenshot my One Touch drive is listed however File History doesn't recognize it. What am I supposed to understand from this?...
  7. Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't recognize drive for file history: Windows doesn't recognize drive for file historyhow to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-recognize-drive-for-file-history/32e20825-ec4b-414a-9816-de39c84761ec
  8. File History Error Message File History doesn't recognize this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Error Message File History doesn't recognize this device: File history says my back up external drive is disconnected. It is connected. I've tried switching USB ports, updating USB drivers, renaming the external drive letter, using an entirely different external drive with a different drive letter, formatted the external drive,...
  9. File History Error Message File History doesn't recognize this device

File History Error Message File History doesn't recognize this device: File history says my back up external drive is disconnected. It is connected. I've tried switching USB ports, updating USB drivers, renaming the external drive letter, using an entirely different external drive with a different drive letter, formatted the external drive,...
  10. File History not recognizing drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History not recognizing drive: Hi folks As you can see from the attached screenshot, I'm having a problem with File History backup. The selected drive is an outboard Lifestream 1tb hard drive connected through a USB port on the computer. I have other, individual application backups on this drive and also...