Windows 10: Windows doesn't recognize hard drive

Discus and support Windows doesn't recognize hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is somewhat old, but works well,Dell optiplex 755. It was purchased refurbished and works fine.It originally was an XP machine that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LesBender, Dec 23, 2019.

1. LesBender Win User

Windows doesn't recognize hard drive

My computer is somewhat old, but works well,Dell optiplex 755.

It was purchased refurbished and works fine.It originally was an XP machine that the seller installed Win7 on.

Some time ago I upgraded to Win10 and all was well until an update came along which said there wasn't enough room80G hard drive,which was very full.I cloned the disk to a 2T drive which went well also.However windows gives the same message and thinks it is still the 80G unit. As I was looking around in device manager it did show 2T drive,but somehow windows thinks is the 80G. My fear is that my computer can't handle that large of a drive,but hoping this can be solved by other means. Thank you for any help anyone

can provide.

Les

:)

LesBender, Dec 23, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows doesn't recognize hard drive [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Windows doesn't recognize hard drive

I can't access my external hard drive with Windows 10....

The computer doesn`t recognize the external hard drive. Help!

KristinaMacaskill, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows doesn't recognize hard drive

1. Windows doesn't recognize hard drive - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize hard

2. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing hard drives: Hi,occasionally when I turn on my PC more when I restart it, the storage settings in windows doesn't recognize 3 of my drives only the drive it is installed on. when I go onto "This PC" all the drives are there and completely fine which is good however I can't run windows...
  3. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not recognizing hard drives: Hi,occasionally when I turn on my PC more when I restart it, the storage settings in windows doesn't recognize 3 of my drives only the drive it is installed on. when I go onto "This PC" all the drives are there and completely fine which is good however I can't run windows...
  4. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows not recognizing hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing hard drive.: I was testing some Windows ISOs and when i cleaned everything and get backed to original windows i didnt have my 2nd hard drive appearing in the file explorer.When I was testing this ISOs I messed with the BIOS but I'm not really good at tech so i think I kinda messed up?I...
  6. Storage doesn't recognize my other hard drives

Storage doesn't recognize my other hard drives: Hi, the Microsoft Storage utility doesn't recognize my hard drive or second SSD. This means that I cannot install apps to them which means that my boot SSD has filled up. I can access those two drives from My PC and save files to them with other programs. How do I go about...
  7. Bitlocker doesn't recognize external hard drive

Bitlocker doesn't recognize external hard drive: Recently bought an external hard drive and wanted to use bitlocker go to password protect it. I plugged the hard drive into my laptop through a usb 3.0 connection and it appears in my file explorer just fine. However, when go into "manage bitlocker" it does not appear in the...
  8. Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.: Need to rebuild my OS, but I'd llike to do a full backup before I proceed. But the built in Windows 10 backup doesn't recognize my Seagate Desktop Drive. Google searches only brought up windows forums saying to check your drivers, although it works fine in explorer. Are...
  9. Laptop doesn't recognize external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop doesn't recognize external hard drive: I just purchased a new WD MyBook 8TB external hard drive to replace my Seagate 8TB hard drive because it quit working. I see it in Device Manager. I hear it spinning. I have changed USB ports. I have used Windows update. I have connected my older WD 3TB MyBook external hard...
  10. Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive: So, I know that this isn't a specific Windows error, but I'm really troubled right now. Basically, my baby brother hit my computer really hard, and everytime I turned it on, it went in a loop. I tried reinstalling Win 10 via USB Stick, but when I got to the Disk partition...