Windows 10: Windows doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse coming from monitor USB hub

Discus and support Windows doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse coming from monitor USB hub in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, The setup: Dell U3419W Logitech MX Master 3 Durgod USB wired keyboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi CPU/RAM/GPU don't matter I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sesik5, Oct 1, 2020.

1. /u/sesik5 Win User

Windows doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse coming from monitor USB hub

Hi all,

The setup:

• Dell U3419W
      • Logitech MX Master 3
      • Durgod USB wired keyboard
    • Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi
      • CPU/RAM/GPU don't matter I don't think
    • Windows 10 Home - registered
      • Version: 1909
      • Build: 18363.1110
      • Up to date with all patching/updates/etc

I have the keyboard/mouse receiver plugged into the USB hub on the monitor, and a USB uplink cable connection to the desktop. The PC is ~2 weeks old, with a fresh copy of Windows installed, with all the latest patches/updates, and drivers from Asus/AMD/Logitech/nVidia/etc.

The issue:

About half the time the desktop reboots/comes out of sleep/switch inputs on the monitor, either one or both of the keyboard/mouse are not recognized. I get a Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed) error.

At the same time, I have two other machines:

• Laptop that uses USB-C thunderbolt to connect to the monitor - no issues
    • Laptop that uses the same exact USB uplink cable to the monitor - no issues
    • Everything's been fine for these two since I got the monitor, ~6 months ago

What I've done:

• Unplugged either the keyboard or the mouse from the monitor and plugged back in - most of the time doesn't work
    • Monitor:
      • Unplugged the uplink cable and plugged that back it - most of the time doesn't work
      • Tried a different uplink port (there's two on the monitor) - most of the time doesn't work
      • Tried different ports for the keyboard/mouse on the monitor - most of the time doesn't work
    • Use a different USB header on the back of the motherboard - most of the time doesn't work
    • Plug the mouse/keyboard into the desktop directly - works perfectly every time
    • Windows:
      • Disabled "Turn on fast startup" in Power Settings - didn't help
      • Disabled "USB selective suspend setting" in Advanced power options - didn't help
      • Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" under the "Generic USB hub" that belongs to the monitor - didn't help

I'm starting to get really frustrated and curse my decision of going with AMD after being Intel only for my whole life. Any ideas on what I can try to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/sesik5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sesik5, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Nagyanya Win User

mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three
    items plus the hub. The printer is recognized as are the two charging ports on the hub. An external monitor is connected into the laptop via hdmi cable and works fine.

Nagyanya, Oct 1, 2020
  3. devnull Win User
    Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse coming from monitor USB hub - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize keyboard

2. Mouse Recognized As Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Recognized As Keyboard: I got a new computer today, and once I set it up, I realized how high the mouse speed was. I was looking into ways to turn it down, but none of the options shown in the videos appear. I went into the control panel, then the devices tab and my mouse was recognized as a...
  3. External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly.

External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly.: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]My external usb mouse has stopped working suddenly, even after reinstalling all the drivers again the issue has appeared for the 2nd time. All recent updates are uninstalled, still the issue is persisting. The mouse is working completely fine with...
  4. Windows 10 Wont Recognize Monitor through USB-C Hub

Windows 10 Wont Recognize Monitor through USB-C Hub: Hello, I am trying to connect a second monitor through the HDMI connection on a multi-port USB-C hub. When i go to Display > Detect, it will not detect the monitor. I have gone through the Device Manager and updated the driver for Generic USB Hub and the other USB...
  5. Recognize USB HUB

Recognize USB HUB: So I have a USB hub for my two computers and when my computer goes into sleep I switch it back and then it can't wake it up with it anymore. I have made it able to wake it up in device manager. Also, is it normal for custom built computers to go through UEFI and reload...
  6. Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard

Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard: Hello I have an issue with a Lenovo IdeaCentre, it will not recognize mouse and keyboard. It only sees them when I am in bios. I tried doing a factory reset but it wont do it either. I can log in safe mode but the same issue no keyboard and mouse. When it boots up it stops...
  7. Mouse recognized as a keyboard

Mouse recognized as a keyboard: When I plugged in my mouse into my pc it seems to flash the leds on the mouse also it doesn't want work. When I went into the device control panel I realized my mouse was show as a keyboard not a mouse. Sometimes the mouse works fine but I can't use the Razer program for...
  8. Windows Insider build 18885 doesn't recognize my keyboard and mouse.

Windows Insider build 18885 doesn't recognize my keyboard and mouse.: Hello, I'm a Windows Insider and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-build-18885-doesnt-recognize-my/3ca57cfa-8ff0-4e3e-99ba-5817221b7ff9
  9. mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.: I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three items plus the...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop Doesn't Recognize Mouse or Keyboard, Data Retrieval

Windows 10 Laptop Doesn't Recognize Mouse or Keyboard, Data Retrieval: Brief problem overview: When turning on my laptop, I get to the Windows lock screen, but my laptop's keyboard does absolutely nothing and neither does my mouse or touchpad. The only thing I can do here is shut the laptop off by holding the power button. Since I can't get...