Windows 10: windows doesn't recognize new default browser

Discus and support windows doesn't recognize new default browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I (and also an HP tech.) have installed and set-up Google Chrome as default browser but sites and pages are still opened with Edge or IE the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klaro 1590, Aug 15, 2019.

1. windows doesn't recognize new default browser

I (and also an HP tech.) have installed and set-up Google Chrome as default browser but sites and pages are still opened with Edge or IE the other browsers on this PC. Even the google chrome page opens on IE!! Have set and reset chrome as default many times in 2 days it is not recognized .

Pages are opening with the entire top section/heading of the page showing that is actually either IE or edge...therefore only the ...more(Edge) or the round tools icon(IE) are displayed to get to settings. Hope this is not confusing to readers...it surely is to me. Help if you can, please

:)

klaro 1590, Aug 15, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

windows doesn't recognize new default browser [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Can`t set a default browser in Windows 10

Hello, I`ve been having an issue with setting my default internet browser in Windows 10 for about a month now.

When Windows starts, it asks me to select a default browser, I select Google Chrome from the list and it goes away.

Nothing happens and under default programs there is still no default browser listed.

Then, when I open my browser I am prompted by Chrome to make it my default.

The same Windows prompt appears again and I select Chrome from the list.

However, even after these steps every time I click on a link, I am asked to select a default browser.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Stephen_57, Aug 15, 2019
  4. windows doesn't recognize new default browser

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

windows doesn't recognize new default browser

1. windows doesn't recognize new default browser - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize default

2. windows doesn't recognize default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows doesn't recognize default apps: Windows does not recognize the default app I have selected for video editing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-recognize-default-apps/c543c2dd-7368-497f-b785-6b1e43b62f1d
  3. windows doesn't recognize default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows doesn't recognize default apps: Windows does not recognize the default app I have selected for video editing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-recognize-default-apps/c543c2dd-7368-497f-b785-6b1e43b62f1d
  4. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  5. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  6. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 opening new tabs in the default browser automatically, It doesn't allow search...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 opening new tabs in the default browser automatically, It doesn't allow search...: I am using Thinkpad T560 with Window 10 PRO build OS, i5 6th Generation, 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD. Problem: My Default browser is opening automatically. It doesn't allow search or browse anything. If I remove the browser, it shows popup again and again for how do you want to...
  8. Change default browser on new Lenovo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default browser on new Lenovo: Change default browser on new Lenovo * Moved from IE10/Win 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-browser-on-new-lenovo/6c1e76dc-317f-4577-8866-88ff4795aa33
  9. Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD: I got a new Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI drive. I have a X99 motherboard but it didn't have the M.2 slot so I purchased an adapter to attach the drive and installed it into an open PCI slot. When I first installed it and boot up under the current Windows 10, I could see the...
  10. my browsers on windows 10 doesn't recognize arabic

in Windows 10 Support
    my browsers on windows 10 doesn't recognize arabic: when some one send me email in Arabic not all the text appears correctly especially in the title or in the attached file it shows up as attached image " capture.png" how can i solve it 35280