Windows 10: Windows doesn't recognize USB Drive

Discus and support Windows doesn't recognize USB Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't access my USB Drive on Windows 10 Education. When I want to delete data/file from USB Drive then they display on the screen "Access Denied"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAURABH50701, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Windows doesn't recognize USB Drive

I can't access my USB Drive on Windows 10 Education. When I want to delete data/file from USB Drive then they display on the screen "Access Denied" written over there and also same problem occurs for the data/file copy/paste. Even while formatting the USB Drive then they displays "Windows was unable to complete the format". So some tricks I have applied with the help of Google but it didn't work. So please help me to getting out of this problem. Thank You!

:)

SAURABH50701, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 31, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Windows doesn't recognize USB Drive

USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows doesn't recognize USB Drive

1. Windows doesn't recognize USB Drive - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize USB

2. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  3. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  4. Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Flash as Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Flash as Recovery Drive: Hi, I am trying to create a recovery drive. When the tool says "Connect a USB drive to your PC", my USB flash drive doesn't appear on the screen as a drive that can be selected, and the "Next" button is grayed out.The flash however is seen in File Explorer and otherwise...
  5. Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Flash as Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Flash as Recovery Drive: Hi, I am trying to create a recovery drive. When the tool says "Connect a USB drive to your PC", my USB flash drive doesn't appear on the screen as a drive that can be selected, and the "Next" button is grayed out.The flash however is seen in File Explorer and otherwise...
  6. Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Flash as Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 doesn't recognize any USB drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize any USB drives: So yesterday everything was okay: Both my external flash drives worked fine. I shut down my PC and turned it on today but Windows wouldn't show me my drives. Although, it played the plugged-in and plugged-out sound every time I inserted or removed the drives. Here's what...
  8. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  9. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't recognize an external USB drive

Windows 10 doesn't recognize an external USB drive: I have a 4 TB external USB drive, which works as expected in File Explorer, but when I try to configure the Windows 10 Backup utility to use that drive, the utility does not see the drive. It does see two other USB drives, but they are too small to be used for backups....