Windows 10: Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via...

Discus and support Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have 2 external monitors, one connected via displayPort and one via HDMI. Whenever windows turns off my monitors due to inactivity after 15 mins and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by psxfsdf, Feb 22, 2022.

1. psxfsdf Win User

Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via...

I have 2 external monitors, one connected via displayPort and one via HDMI. Whenever windows turns off my monitors due to inactivity after 15 mins and they you wake them up by moving mouse or pressing any key on a keyboard, Windows does not remember where my open windows were. When displayport monitor turns off windows loses track that it ever existed and it resets everythingwhy is this a problem only on displayport and not hdmi? will this EVER be fixed or is the side effect of displayport and should I hope displayport dies soon as possible or will you guys EVER FIX THIS ?YOU GUYS ARE CAUS

:)

psxfsdf, Feb 22, 2022

2. Windows 10 apps do not remember size and position on relaunch

OK, so I just found a workaround.

• Open the app and position and size it on monitor 2
    • Move the app to monitor 1
    • Close the app
    • Relaunch the app, it should retain its size and position on monitor 1
    • Move the app to the desired position on monitor 2
    • Relaunch the app and all should be green
    Let's just hope it continues to work on reboot.

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Remember window position

I suggest for GPU-Z to save its window position on exiting/starting again. Most similar programs have this - please add!

For example, I want to move GPU-Z to my 2nd monitor, and have it keep that position after I close it and run it again.
    An example of a program that has this is Core Temp - I use Core Temp to track my CPU temps, and use GPU-Z to track my videocard temps.
    RealTemp has it too.

(Sorry if this has been brought up before...
    Core Temp has a small bug with the window position when using 2 monitors, but its author will be fixing that too.)

4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via... - Similar Threads - doesn't remember window

2. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  3. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  4. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  5. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  6. Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via...: I have 2 external monitors, one connected via displayPort and one via HDMI. Whenever windows turns off my monitors due to inactivity after 15 mins and they you wake them up by moving mouse or pressing any key on a keyboard, Windows does not remember where my open windows...
  7. Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via...

Windows doesn't remember window position and sizes on external monitor connected via...: I have 2 external monitors, one connected via displayPort and one via HDMI. Whenever windows turns off my monitors due to inactivity after 15 mins and they you wake them up by moving mouse or pressing any key on a keyboard, Windows does not remember where my open windows...
  8. Windows 10 does not remember window position and size

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 does not remember window position and size: If Windows does not remember the window position and size then this post will help you fix the problem. Although Windows 10 should open the […] This article Windows 10 does not remember window position and size first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  10. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?: Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option. In Captain Picards voice: Very well, make it so. submitted by /u/Daemonshmike [link] [comments]...