Windows 10: Windows doesn't respect my decision of not having a sign-in password/pin and forces me to...

Discus and support Windows doesn't respect my decision of not having a sign-in password/pin and forces me to... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! As the title says, the implementation of the sign-in options in windows 10 is downright insulting and as a bonus, also wasted 2 whole hours of my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Marian Cristian, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows doesn't respect my decision of not having a sign-in password/pin and forces me to...

Hi!

As the title says, the implementation of the sign-in options in windows 10 is downright insulting and as a bonus, also wasted 2 whole hours of my life searching on forums for ways to disable this very simple thing. When I installed my windows, I was downright forced to set up a pin. I looked on my screen everywhere and there was no option to refuse the use of a pin. I said ok, thinking that I can always go and remove it from the settings, but not even the gods of pixles would know how wrong I was.

After wasting my time with microsoft verifications and poorly explained information, I was finally able to remove my pin. But little did I know that this was not the end of it. After removing my pin, now, on the login screen, I am once again forced to enter, this time, my microsoft password. Unfortunately, there is no button that I can find at least in the settings that would allow me to remove my password or any other thing that would obstruct me to simply use my machine after turning it on.

Please, for the love of God, help me disable this basic option that could've been so easy to disable. I simply don't want any kind of pin/password or anything to be required to enter when I turn on my laptop. I'm even going to modify the registry if required, all I want is to disable this damn thing.

:)

Marian Cristian, Feb 23, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Win User

Windows doesn't respect my decision of not having a sign-in password/pin and forces me to...

Sign-in Problems - 1803 now forcing PIN

We noticed in the last few days that Windows 10 is now asking us to add a PIN to our login option. Each and every time we login, a screen pops up telling us to enter a PIN. This is
    EXTREMELY ANNOYING! What we finally did was enter a PIN, but now, the default login option is to use the PIN instead of the password. This, too, is annoying as every time we login, we have to change the sign-in option and select
    password.

I've done quite a bit of research and noticed that a lot of people are having similar issues. Some who were using PINs now can't get them to work. Others that weren't using PINs are now being pushed to use them.

We're currently using Windows 10 Home Version 1803 (Build 17137.81) and have all known updates.

I've even tried doing a few suggested things like:

• Using RegEdit to set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions!value to 0
    • Use GPEdit (yes, it can be done on Home Edition if you know how) to change Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon
      • Turn on PIN sign-in - Set to Disabled
      • Turn off picture password sign-in - Set to Disabled

From my research, this appears to be a problem that's not hitting everyone, but it is hitting a lot of people. I'm seeing people talk about this on several websites, including Microsoft Community. For us, the goal is to completely disable the PIN option
    and only have a password to login.

Thema:

Windows doesn't respect my decision of not having a sign-in password/pin and forces me to...

1. Windows doesn't respect my decision of not having a sign-in password/pin and forces me to... - Similar Threads - doesn't respect decision

2. Windows forcing me to reset my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows forcing me to reset my password: My windows 11 pc is forcing me to change my password which doesn't work with the right password. i couldn't reset it even if its the right password. it also has an option to factory reset it....
  3. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login: i have been using a password for a very long time but my pc decided my password is to weak or somthing it is an 32 character password and that i need to use a pin only numbers how do get to use my password again?...
  4. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login: i have been using a password for a very long time but my pc decided my password is to weak or somthing it is an 32 character password and that i need to use a pin only numbers how do get to use my password again?...
  5. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Why does windows force me to have a password

Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  7. Why does windows force me to have a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  8. Why does windows force me to have a password

9. Windows forcing me to change my pin?

Windows forcing me to change my pin?: Every few months windows 10 forces me to change my login pin saying my "organisation" requires it. This is my home computer and I am not part of an organisation. I have looked in rgedit and it doesn't have any options related to PIN security so I can't change it through that....
  10. Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone: I once connected my new Samsung S9 to Windows 10 as a test, and decided I didn't like it. So I: Deactivated it from the "Your Phone" app. Unlinked it from the Microsoft website (https://i.imgur.com/YTuaA5D.png). Unlinked my PC in Windows 10 "Settings"...