Windows 10: windows doesn't save password though it is set to do so. it's just this one website

Discus and support windows doesn't save password though it is set to do so. it's just this one website in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have chrome set so it will offer to save passwords which i always do. one partcular website is not filling in the password and there is no way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulaE., Jan 15, 2021.

1. paulaE. Win User

windows doesn't save password though it is set to do so. it's just this one website

I have chrome set so it will offer to save passwords which i always do. one partcular website is not filling in the password and there is no way to save it. On my old computer there was no problem and on this new computer it is offering on all other sites.

how do i fix this. where it says "manage" under user name it doesn't take and hold the password even after i type it in.

i want the password manager to save it.

:)

paulaE., Jan 15, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

windows doesn't save password though it is set to do so. it's just this one website [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 15, 2021
  3. wandoo3 Win User
    changing a saved password to a website

hi I use windows 10 and Microsoft edge and play cards on a website.. edge asked did I want to save password I saved it but now want to change password.. I went to settings then advanced setting where I can change password.. I changed password,, but the original password keeps popping up instead of my new p/word.. why isn't it changing at the website.. anyone know... thank you

wandoo3, Jan 15, 2021
  4. windows doesn't save password though it is set to do so. it's just this one website

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

windows doesn't save password though it is set to do so. it's just this one website

1. windows doesn't save password though it is set to do so. it's just this one website - Similar Threads - doesn't save password

2. BIOS DOESN'T SAVE SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS DOESN'T SAVE SETTINGS: I recently updated the battery in the motherboard to make the BIOS work. It worked, but after that it stopped loading normally into Windows and saving settings. Can you help with this in any way?...
  3. BIOS DOESN'T SAVE SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS DOESN'T SAVE SETTINGS: I recently updated the battery in the motherboard to make the BIOS work. It worked, but after that it stopped loading normally into Windows and saving settings. Can you help with this in any way?...
  4. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Saving passwords when visiting websites: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  5. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving passwords when visiting websites: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  6. Saving passwords when visiting websites

7. Facebook Messenger app doesn't pop up notifications, even though it's set to do so.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Facebook Messenger app doesn't pop up notifications, even though it's set to do so.: [ATTACH] Hi. I've had trouble with the FB messenger app stopping throwing notifications up for a while now. If I remove it and reinstall, sometimes it'll work, others it won't. It may work for a couple of days and then suddenly stop. It's listed in the Notifications &...
  8. Do not save passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do not save passwords: How could I make my Microsoft Edge web browser not save passwords or keys on my PC with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-save-passwords/9604f6bd-f4e7-4392-b273-2a620e433c18"
  9. changing a saved password to a website

in Browsers and Email
    changing a saved password to a website: hi I use windows 10 and Microsoft edge and play cards on a website.. edge asked did I want to save password I saved it but now want to change password.. I went to settings then advanced setting where I can change password.. I changed password,, but the original password keeps...
  10. Skype doesn't save password

Skype doesn't save password: Hey, I've recently changed my Skype password to something as v$*irFvKN9jl but everytime when I start Skype I have to login by entering my username and password, can I make it automatic because searching for the password in LastPass is a bit annoying. Thanks!° 59637