Windows 10: Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

Discus and support Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did rest the network adapter 3 times. My phone and VM shows and connects to it but not windows (main OS) submitted by /u/mapel_pizza [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mapel_pizza, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

I did rest the network adapter 3 times. My phone and VM shows and connects to it but not windows (main OS)

submitted by /u/mapel_pizza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mapel_pizza, Jun 21, 2020
  2. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks. [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks. [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

3. Cyclelegs Win User
    Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

Available Networks Not Showing in Windows 10

Recently my list of WiFi Networks has stopped displaying when I am logged-in to my Local Windows 10 Account. 'Show Available Networks' does not show any networks.

This is a display issue not a network issue. There is nothing wrong with the core network management system and network trouble shooting steps are pointless.

I am able to show a list of networks by logging-out of my local windows 10 account and using the network connection manager from the 'Login' screen. Within my local Windows 10 account I can use netsh wlan commands to fully manage my wireless networks.

When I try to 'List Available Networks' when logged-in to Local Windows 10 account, I get an error logged in the windows event viewer logs:

Code:
    Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5ace103a

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x77b6f555

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009c275

Faulting process ID: 0x13f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40ef1a4578de3

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: d0d123cf-3cc0-480b-ad57-1e479db387b3

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App
    Any suggestions on how to restore my network list display?

Cyclelegs, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

1. Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks. - Similar Threads - doesn't show wifi

2. My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...: Hi, Need an urgent help here...I am using windows 10 and trying to connect my wifi to it unfortunatly unable to see my wifi name in list of wifi networks in contrary I am able to see the others wifi name listing accuratly.. Some hidden network i can see on my listing of...
  3. My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...: Hi, Need an urgent help here...I am using windows 10 and trying to connect my wifi to it unfortunatly unable to see my wifi name in list of wifi networks in contrary I am able to see the others wifi name listing accuratly.. Some hidden network i can see on my listing of...
  4. My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  6. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  7. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

8. WIFI Network Not Showing

WIFI Network Not Showing: Some Time It Works When Restart Computer But For Limited Time ANd Also When I Trouble Shoot WIFI It Works For Limited Time What Is The Problem? How Can I FIx It? Getting Worse Every Day...
  9. network view doesn't show the other device on the WiFi network

network view doesn't show the other device on the WiFi network: I'm using home WiFi to connect to two devices: a Dell desktop PC PC, a Microsoft Surface Book SB. One of the files that I want to share is the KeePass password manager database. It uses a "trigger" mechanism to synchronize changes to the database. I initially tried using...
  10. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are: I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a...