Windows 10: Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update

Discus and support Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On my Dell Inspiron laptop, my Windows 10 recently got updated to 20H2. Since then, the sleep/hibernate functionality of my laptop seems to have gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KABG28, Jul 22, 2021.

1. KABG28 Win User

Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update

On my Dell Inspiron laptop, my Windows 10 recently got updated to 20H2. Since then, the sleep/hibernate functionality of my laptop seems to have gone for a toss. I have the habit of unplugging my laptop and letting it go to sleep and then hibernate automatically. Sometimes, I close the lid, which does the same thing. But ever since the update, when I wake the laptop back from sleep, it seems to have restarted. It takes as much time to "boot" as on a fresh start. All the apps and open windows are gone. The only thing that changed between the two versions is that I may have updated my network

:)

KABG28, Jul 22, 2021

2. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 22, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update - Similar Threads - doesn't sleep hibernate

2. Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate: Please help. here are my settings: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-sleep-hibernate/e3484313-ce0a-4040-9bb2-1c6d3547828f
  3. Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate: Please help. here are my settings: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-sleep-hibernate/e3484313-ce0a-4040-9bb2-1c6d3547828f
  4. Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  6. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  7. Bluetooth after the latest update doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth after the latest update doesn't work properly: Hi. After the latest win10 update it seems my bluetooth headset doesn't work. Sound started to "stutter". I tried everything I could think of. I re-installed the bluetooth and sound drivers for several times, uninstalled the updates, paused windows update, rolled back...
  8. Windows doesn't hibernate properly after migrating to ssd

Windows doesn't hibernate properly after migrating to ssd: I got a new SSD drive and migrated the system on it, it boots just fine, but I'm having a problem with hibernating the laptop. It after reopening the laptop, it doesn't reopen the application that was opened before the hibernation. Also, I tried to delete the system...
  9. Windows not hibernating after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not hibernating after latest update: Ever since the last update of windows 10, i have been noticing that at times when i put my laptop to hibernate, and try to open it after a while, i find that even though i had full battery, right now there is no battery left... So i tried it again and i found that the...
  10. Hibernate doesn't 'wakeup' after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate doesn't 'wakeup' after latest update: After Win 10 last updated (Anniversary edition), When I use Hibernate and try to wake it up it will start and then stop at the windows symbol screen indefinitely. I have unchecked the Fast Boot-up per other instructions. Sleep works okay. 68232