Windows 10: Windows doesnt start after Uninstalling GPU drivers

Discus and support Windows doesnt start after Uninstalling GPU drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I decided to upgrade to a new gpu , so i first uninstalled all the existing nivida drivers from both device manager option & control panel , there were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yogesh Koranga, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Windows doesnt start after Uninstalling GPU drivers

I decided to upgrade to a new gpu , so i first uninstalled all the existing nivida drivers from both device manager option & control panel , there were about 4-5 nvidia driver options lined all together in control panel & i unistalled all of them , then went to shutdown , removed the gpu , plugged in my display cable to my initial onboard hdmi port and started the system again. All went well upto window loading screen BUT suddenly after loading for 3-5 minutes Screen goes full Black , not even a mouse cursor , nothing at all , i waited it to load for an hour but no response still black , already restarted 5 times same thing happens , now i have two windows installed in my 2 different hard disks ,so i tried switching to secondary windows 7 from Bios screen option by pressing F11 , & it starts everything normal in window 7. Please help for getting me Windows 10 back without any data loss or any spendings. Thankyou !

:)

Yogesh Koranga, Jan 9, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Windows doesnt start after Uninstalling GPU drivers :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Graphic Driver is not Uninstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please provide us the following information:

• How are you trying to uninstall the driver?

• When you are trying to uninstall the graphics driver, do you get any error message or error code?

• What is the make of graphics driver?
    Step 1: Let us try to uninstall the driver in Safe mode, and check if it helps.

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC.

Refer to the following article:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Follow the below steps to uninstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the Graphics Card and click on
      Uninstall.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows doesnt start after Uninstalling GPU drivers

GPU

Hi,

This issue may happen if the GPU is taking more time to display the graphics on your monitor and if the graphics card or driver is already problematic.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to uninstall then reinstall the graphics driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + S and type devmgmt.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on your graphics driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows doesnt start after Uninstalling GPU drivers

1. Windows doesnt start after Uninstalling GPU drivers - Similar Threads - doesnt start Uninstalling

2. Uninstalled HID-Compliant Mouse Driver and now mouse doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled HID-Compliant Mouse Driver and now mouse doesnt work: I have restarted the computer, booted into safe mode, seen if it works in BIOS, I have plugged the mouse into other computers, nothing. When I plug in the mouse it makes the windows connect and disconnect sound over and over, the driver appears, gives a code 45, and then the...
  3. GPU not starting with computer but after Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU not starting with computer but after Windows: Hey everyone I am experiencing a very big problem. My GPU doesn't start till windows 10 login screen comes. Because of that I can't access bios and advanced startup options. Troubleshooting any problem is hard. By the way I have a nvidia gt 1030 and my computer is hp Compaq...
  4. Corrupted driver doesnt uninstall succesfully

Corrupted driver doesnt uninstall succesfully: Well, lets start by saying that my laptop is pretty bad, and sometimes it cant handle some games, it freezed in a game session so i turned it off, then it checked a Hard drive analysis. The next day i woke up and the sound of my pc didnt worked, i tried disabling and enabling...
  5. GPU driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPU driver: So I had some problems with my GPU driver. I install the correct GPU driver today's morning and it worked perfectly fine. task manager is showing it, armoury create is showing it. and everything is working. until I came back from school and I wanted to change my Nvidia...
  6. After installing or uninstalling the graphics driver, click the start menu and there is no...

After installing or uninstalling the graphics driver, click the start menu and there is no...: After installing or uninstalling the graphics driver, click the start menu and there is no response 1. Manually install or uninstall the graphics driver, you will encounter problems 2. Windows update will encounter the same problem when installing the driver....
  7. PC doesnt start after Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesnt start after Reset: I tried to do a full reset, windows asked me if i wanted to install windows via cloud or locally, i picked cloud. After that it downloaded windows 10 again and then tried to restart my pc. My display turned completely off but my pc was still running. I left it like that...
  8. Device manager doesnt show the gpu, cant install the drivers

Device manager doesnt show the gpu, cant install the drivers: I have changed gpu's this morning and been trying to install the drivers of the new one. i have not been able to do so. nvdia shows a message error saying the drivers are not compatible with windows. i tried multiple things none of them have worked. my bios is up to date, idk...
  9. GPU drivers missing after Windows Updates

GPU drivers missing after Windows Updates: After this weeks updates, Display adapters in not even showing in my device manager. GPU drivers are kaput. I have talked to several others with this same problem. What is being done to fix this? ***Original title: After this weeks updates, Display adapters in not even...
  10. Windows doesnt start after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesnt start after sleep mode: Hello, I recently had an update from windows that took some time to install on windows 10. Once the update finished, it seemed to have trouble starting up from the begining as well as from sleep mode. the computer turns on but the display doesn't come up. I have to hard...