Windows 10: windows doesnt update automatically

Discus and support windows doesnt update automatically in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; windows is set to download new updates whenever they become available... but when i click search for updates it always finds some new updates... so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by todd24, Aug 2, 2016.

1. todd24 Win User

windows doesnt update automatically

windows is set to download new updates whenever they become available... but when i click search for updates it always finds some new updates... so i have to sit and download all the updates manually... please help

:)

todd24, Aug 2, 2016

2. updates

I have updates downloaded and waiting to install but Windows doesnt install them despite settings showing automatic install. Any suggestions?

VeeHaydock, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Twitter - can't sign in

well this was the case by me. thanks. btw the wp7 doesnt update the clock itself! even if automatic update is on.

HalilPortakaloglu, Aug 2, 2016
  4. todd24 Win User

bump.. getting tired of updating my computer manually

todd24, Sep 2, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    windows doesnt update automatically [​IMG]

Have you tried the troubleshooter?

Is the service shown like this?

Is your task scheduler running?

Does the task exist in your task scheduler?

Try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool. Only select repairs relevant to your problem.

*** Forum rules prohibit thread bumping and 'useless one-liners'.

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  6. todd24 Win User
    yes both task sheduler and windows update is shown like that... but after running the trouble shooter it said it found a problem with a service and fixed it... so lets see if that solves the problem

todd24, Oct 29, 2016
  7. todd24 Win User
    sadly it didnt fix the problems... plus when i manually update windows it gives me a error message that says its rolling the updates back and preventing me from using my computer for 20 minutes...

todd24, Nov 19, 2016
  8. windows doesnt update automatically

Download WF.bat and run it as admin. When it asks, what to clean, select everything, then restart.

TairikuOkami, Nov 19, 2016
  9. todd24 Win User
    sry for the late response... i just ran the the program i will come back with the results

todd24, Dec 9, 2016
  10. Any feedback that you can provide yet?

Atomcrusher, Dec 9, 2016
  11. todd24 Win User
    yes... still hasnt been solved... theres a big load of updates whenever i check.. and windows doesnt updae anything on its own.. sry for the inconvenience..

todd24, Dec 17, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Dec 17, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member
  14. todd24 Win User
    I just ran the windows update tool mike and it found 4 problems that it fixed... will come back here with the results

todd24, Dec 19, 2016
  15. todd24 Win User
    sadly windows still doesnt update my computer and i still get told that windows updates has caused problems when i update manually which basically locks me out of my computer for 30 minutes then reboots several times..

todd24, Dec 31, 2016
Thema:

1. windows doesnt update automatically - Similar Threads - doesnt update automatically

2. WIFI doesnt connect automatically in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI doesnt connect automatically in Windows 11: Hi Team, After Upgrade from Win10 to Win 11 , Our Office WIFI doesn't connect automatically it for all the user who have upgraded to Win 11. Needed to connect Manually every time even after restart and We are using Windows Server 2016 STD as Domain controller.Windows 11...
  3. WIFI doesnt connect automatically in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI doesnt connect automatically in Windows 11: Hi Team, After Upgrade from Win10 to Win 11 , Our Office WIFI doesn't connect automatically it for all the user who have upgraded to Win 11. Needed to connect Manually every time even after restart and We are using Windows Server 2016 STD as Domain controller.Windows 11...
  4. Windows update doesnt update

Windows update doesnt update: hi, i try to update my windows, but it just doesnt update and cant find the updates on the catalog i have tried doing the troubleshooter doesnt work i have 22.8Gb of space left and the error code is 0x80080005 and -0x80004002...
  5. Windows update doesnt update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update doesnt update: hi, i try to update my windows, but it just doesnt update and cant find the updates on the catalog i have tried doing the troubleshooter doesnt work i have 22.8Gb of space left and the error code is 0x80080005 and -0x80004002...
  6. windows update center doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update center doesnt work: After this damn update my computer is not working normally fix this garbage the whole world is suffering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-center-doesnt-work/d12a074f-ac5e-4c36-8f2c-a0c079572e8f
  7. windows update center doesnt work

windows update center doesnt work: After this damn update my computer is not working normally fix this garbage the whole world is suffering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-center-doesnt-work/d12a074f-ac5e-4c36-8f2c-a0c079572e8f
  8. Onedrive mapped doesnt reconnect automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive mapped doesnt reconnect automatically: I have mapped onedrive as a network drive. This works. When I reboot, it doesnt reconnect automatically, even thought I selected reconnect automatically. So when I reboot, in the my computer section the onedrive Drive has a red cross through it. To make matters more...
  9. laptop doesnt boot automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop doesnt boot automatically: Greetings, I used registry deep scan in wisecare365, it deleted some registry files. Afterwhich when i started the system, only the dell logo appeared. System did not boot further. When i pressed a random key, it continued to boot to win10. Hence, i restored the registry...
  10. Wifi doesnt connect automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesnt connect automatically: Hi, On my laptop wifi is setup to connect automatically and it used to connect automatically. Recently it doesnt connect automatically. Everytime i have to run network troubleshooter to connect. My other wifi devices connect to the same router without any problem. Help...