Windows 10: Windows doesn't work, everything freezes

Discus and support Windows doesn't work, everything freezes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really need some help. At first everything startet with me not being able to use the settings anymore. I could open them, but they would freeze when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AnonymesQ, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Windows doesn't work, everything freezes

I really need some help.

At first everything startet with me not being able to use the settings anymore. I could open them, but they would freeze when I click on a setting option. For a few days now I have to wait for like 30mins after starting the PC to be able to successfully open apps. Since yesterday I can't use my windows file explorer anymore, it's just freezing everytime i try to open a file with it, which really sucks. I can restart the file explorer and the freeze is thawed, but It still ends up freezing after trying to open a file. Now I can't even open any apps, I can only start my file explorer (which is useless, it freezes like I said), Task manager, Control panel and one app after starting the PC. After starting one app, it just won't open anything but show me the loading circle next to my mouse when I hover over the task bar or files on my desktop.

So as you can see, my problems are really stacked.

There is one thing that might help me, but it's connected to another problem: I had to create a second user and everything worked fine on that one. The problem is, I deleted that account and now I can't create a new one, because, like I said, nothing will start.

EDIT: Most apps will start now, still no file manager or settings. I really need to install a new Programm but I can't run it, cause the Fe explorer will just freeze and end up doing nothing

submitted by /u/AnonymesQ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AnonymesQ, Apr 14, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows doesn't work, everything freezes [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 14, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows doesn't work, everything freezes [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Bushka Win User

Windows doesn't work, everything freezes

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows doesn't work, everything freezes

1. Windows doesn't work, everything freezes - Similar Threads - doesn't everything freezes

2. My IPv6 doesn't work. Tried everything…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My IPv6 doesn't work. Tried everything…: My internet connection hasn't worked since about October last year. I could only connect to the internet if I used my VPN Bitdefender, and that took several tries too. Since I haven’t used my pc in this time I ignored the problem. Now I need it for work and a friend and I...
  3. My IPv6 doesn't work. Tried everything…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My IPv6 doesn't work. Tried everything…: My internet connection hasn't worked since about October last year. I could only connect to the internet if I used my VPN Bitdefender, and that took several tries too. Since I haven’t used my pc in this time I ignored the problem. Now I need it for work and a friend and I...
  4. USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.: I have a relatively new laptop; I bought it less than a year ago. About a month ago, my mouse was only working on and off. I replaced the batteries, got a new mouse, etc., and it still didn't work. I realized the problem was with my computer's USB drive, which I only have one...
  5. USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.: I have a relatively new laptop; I bought it less than a year ago. About a month ago, my mouse was only working on and off. I replaced the batteries, got a new mouse, etc., and it still didn't work. I realized the problem was with my computer's USB drive, which I only have one...
  6. everything keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    everything keeps freezing: hey guys, i really need some help, for the past month or so my pc has been freezing randomly, everything, apps, the task bar you have things pinned on, the home screen, all of it, iv'e scanned for virus's multiple times but it still freezes, please help if you can! submitted...
  7. My mic doesn't work and I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mic doesn't work and I've tried everything: My mic stopped working like 3 weeks ago and I thought it was my headphones so I bought a new pair. They came in today and It still doesn't work. I've updated my drivers I've gave it permission I switched my default input device to the new headset. I feel like I've literally...
  8. FREEZES EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FREEZES EVERYTHING: THIS ERROR IN EVENT VIEWER The wuauserv service terminated with the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. Freezes my pc most of the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezes-everything/df785b8f-e037-4795-996d-14cf2db5c0da
  9. Mic doesn't work despite trying everything recommended

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic doesn't work despite trying everything recommended: As the title says I have tried everything to get my mic to work I have gone to privacy and made sure everything mic related is enabled, I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers multiple times, I have updated my motherboard drivers. I am not sure what else to do. This is a...
  10. Cursor doesn't work, it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't work, it freezes: Whenever I boot up Roblox, I can play a little bit before my cursor freezes on the spot in-game, rendering it unplayable...is this an issue with ROBLOX or Windows? I can't play the game and my friends are sad that I can't play because I can't play. It works on normal desktop,...