Windows 10: Windows dos not boot

Discus and support Windows dos not boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to upgrade to windows 10 21H1 yesterday and I needed to pull out my pc when it started thundering outside so now windows can't boot when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zacharias Zellèn, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Windows dos not boot

Hi, I tried to upgrade to windows 10 21H1 yesterday and I needed to pull out my pc when it started thundering outside so now windows can't boot when it boots I get that the file BCD error code 0xc0000098 I have tried rebuilding the BCD but I may have done it incorrectly and I have tried replacing it whit a copy of a working windows 10 installation. If I need to reinstall windows I would prefer to not need a new key and keep my personal files.

:)

zacharias Zellèn, Jun 25, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Windows dos not boot

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows dos not boot

1. Windows dos not boot - Similar Threads - dos boot

2. need help working in ms dos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help working in ms dos: All this is related to attempting to resize my partition to install WinRE update KB5034441. Like others my Win10 based desktop will download the update but won't install after repeated attempts.I followed KB5028997 procedures but floundered so now I need additional help with...
  3. need help working in ms dos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help working in ms dos: All this is related to attempting to resize my partition to install WinRE update KB5034441. Like others my Win10 based desktop will download the update but won't install after repeated attempts.I followed KB5028997 procedures but floundered so now I need additional help with...
  4. need help working in ms dos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...: WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"- nothing works!This happens just after the computer logo appears when started.This happened after the latest WIndows 10 update... HELP...
  6. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...: WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"- nothing works!This happens just after the computer logo appears when started.This happened after the latest WIndows 10 update... HELP...
  7. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Removing old DOS dual-boot menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing old DOS dual-boot menu: Back in the day, this PC dual booted to either W7 or 10, each on a separate drive. At start up, the classic DOS boot choice menu would offer either. If not chosen manually the default O/S would boot. Today, W7 is history, and that entry in the msconfig/boot menu has been...
  9. Unble to boot window 10 on free dos Lenovo ideapad 330

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unble to boot window 10 on free dos Lenovo ideapad 330: Dear sir I am unable to boot window 10 on Lenovo ideapad 330 . After selecting USB disk , it again come come to dos screen . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unble-to-boot-window-10-on-free-dos-lenovo-ideapad/3c5c247b-ed63-4423-8c7c-cc4bfa159667
  10. How do I boot into DOS?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I boot into DOS?: Hello How do I create a DOS bootable memory stick? Progress so far: I had downloaded RUFUS (v2.12), and got it to format my Kingson memory stick. I even got it to "Check device for bad blocks" and I un-ticked "Quick format". I ticked "Create a bootable disk using" and...