Windows 10: Windows downgraded itself from Pro to Home

Discus and support Windows downgraded itself from Pro to Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, while installing Docker on my machine, I got an unexpected error telling me, that Docker needs Windows Pro or Windows Server to operate. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lubakabra, May 2, 2020.

1. lubakabra Win User

Windows downgraded itself from Pro to Home

Hi all,

while installing Docker on my machine, I got an unexpected error telling me, that Docker needs Windows Pro or Windows Server to operate. It is weird because I know for sure that laptop that I am using shipped with Windows 10 Pro. It came to me that since I am a part of Windows Insider program, I update my machine rather frequently. I don't believe that this might be an issue. I tried to update via Win. Activator and activation number, but to no success.

TLWindows downgraded itself from Pro to Home :DR It seems that Windows "updated" itself from Pro version to Home version.

Build info:

Edition : Win. 10 Home

Version: 2004

OS build 19041.208

Experience Win. Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

TIA

:)

lubakabra, May 2, 2020
  2. R9
    r9 Win User

How to downgrade Win7 pro to WinXP

I have bought Windows 7 pro edition which is downgradable. The question is how to downgrade ?
    After the downgrade what is going to be the s/n of the XP is it going to be the same S/N of the Windows 7 pro that I have downgraded ?
    And is it possible to install Windows XP with the Windows 7 pro serial number ?
    And if I want to end up with XP downgrade is it the only way ?

3. windows 10 ESD downgrade to windows 7 pro

Your question is very confusing.

So you have a software download of Windows 10 Pro with no product key.

Is that correct?

Then you say:

1. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

2. need a purchase license only windows 10 pro

3. how i can activate this license key(windows 10 pro ESD) on my PC with windows 7 pro?

4. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

If you already have Windows 7 why download Windows 10 Pro if you don't want to use Windows 10 Pro??

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If by some chance you mean that you bought Windows 10 Pro and you want to downgrade it for free to Windows 7 Pro, you can't.

Windows 10 Pro had to be a preinstalled OEM license.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, May 2, 2020
  4. Windows downgraded itself from Pro to Home

Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your quick response and help, But I was told that if I inserted the Windows 10 Pro product key into the activation section it will be downgraded automatically like the following steps:

1. Open the Settings app and click Update & Security.
    2. Open Activation and click Change product key.
    3. Enter your Windows 10 Professional product key and click Next.
    4. Restart the computer after the new product key is activated.
    Can this be helpful ?

Ahmed Samir_959, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows downgraded itself from Pro to Home

1. Windows downgraded itself from Pro to Home - Similar Threads - downgraded itself Pro

2. Downgrading from Pro to Home!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading from Pro to Home!: Hello,I have a copy of Windows 10 Home I purchased in 2016 from Amazon. I've been using it with Parallels on my Apple Macbook. a few months ago I upgraded my Macbook, and got one with an M1 chip. At first Parallels and Windows didn't work at all, and then they caught up and...
  3. Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home: Hi. I unwittingly upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro instead of Win10Home the free one. Now I cannot activate due no licence key. How do I downgrade to Win10 Home the free one? TIA...
  4. downgrade pro to home

downgrade pro to home: i tried to downgrade my pro to home single which was first there on my laptop using usb flashdrive media creation tool is giving error i aldready have that oem product key mounted on my motherboard ....
  5. Downgrade windows Pro to home

Downgrade windows Pro to home: I have installed windows 10 pro version 1803(i.e. not genuine) which is not activating as I have licence for windows 10 home single language edition . so, i ran troubleshooter and the troubleshooter told me that i have digital code for windows 10 home single language can I...
  6. Downgrade from Pro to Home

Downgrade from Pro to Home: How do I downgrade from Pro to Home? My system seems to have Win 10 Pro... but I have Win 10 Home Product key so it does not accept it because it thinks that I have Pro version. I have tried everything for past 2 days, I have also changed the setting from different things...
  7. Downgrade Windows Pro to Home

Downgrade Windows Pro to Home: Hi, I've been given my work laptop (running Windows Pro) for personal use under the condition that I buy my own license for it. I've bought a Windows home product key and tried to change the product key to my new 'home' key but it failed. Reading on the web this does not...
  8. Downgrading from Pro to Home

Downgrading from Pro to Home: I downgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without losing personal files and apps today. The process took approximately two hours, and it was pretty scary, for obvious reasons. I had "researched" for the best procedure prior, but most of the information I got were...
  9. Windows downgrade to home from pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows downgrade to home from pro: Hello I bought a used PC which has a pirated version of windows pro so I bought a genuine version of windows home but when I go to change the product key in setting it says it is not valid I have done some looking around and found I need to downgrade to windows home before I...
  10. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home: My laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home Single Language. However, I wanted to upgrade to Pro and I used the generic Windows product key to upgrade. Then, I found out that I didn't need the Pro features so I now want to downgrade back to Home SL. How do I do that? 84329