Windows 10: Windows downgrades Intel drivers

Discus and support Windows downgrades Intel drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I can install my Intel 30.0.100.9805 latest drivers for my Intel UHD graphics 630 but then Windows update installs the 27.20.100.9415 3-4 versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paybackepicgamer99, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Windows downgrades Intel drivers

So I can install my Intel 30.0.100.9805 latest drivers for my Intel UHD graphics 630 but then Windows update installs the 27.20.100.9415 3-4 versions behind and I don't know why. If anyone can help me that would be great and if you need any logs I can try to provide them

:)

paybackepicgamer99, Sep 3, 2021
  2. Deepaky Win User

Windows 10 Keeps Downgrading Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hello,

I have HP laptop with Intel® HD Graphics 530. HP, like any other computer manufacturer, provides driver support for about two years. HP has stopped updating Intel HD graphic driver for my laptop. However, Intel is still providing necessary and in some cases
    critical updates for this driver.

The issue I am facing is that whenever I install the latest version of the driver from Intel website, Windows 10 immediately downloads an older version from HP and downgrades the driver with the old version from HP. For example, the latest version from HP
    is 20.19.15.4360 (15.40.18.4360). But the latest version from Intel has 15.40.28.4501. I think the problem is with driver version number provided by HP. The latest driver from HP is actually 15.40.18.4360 but HP lists it as 20.19.15.4360 which is wrong
    and that's why Windows 10 thinks that 20.19.15.4360 (15.40.18.4360) version from HP is newer than 15.40.28.4501 version from Intel. Thus, Windows 10 downloads and downgrades it.

I have tried "Show or hide updates". But it doesn't show Intel graphic driver so I cannot hide this update from Windows. Could you please do something about it so that Windows 10 recognizes correct latest version of the driver from Intel and not downgrade
    it?

Thank you.

Deepaky, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Windows downgrades Intel drivers

Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

the message appears again on restart after uninstall

SubhashKedia, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows downgrades Intel drivers

1. Windows downgrades Intel drivers - Similar Threads - downgrades Intel drivers

2. Microsoft downgrade the Intel graphics driver by updating windows every time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft downgrade the Intel graphics driver by updating windows every time.: I have installed the Intel driver and support assistant. It downloads all updated drivers. But Every time Windows downgrade the Graphics driver from the updated one during updating Windows. It is being happening every time. When I update by this driver and support assistant...
  3. Microsoft downgrade the Intel graphics driver by updating windows every time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft downgrade the Intel graphics driver by updating windows every time.: I have installed the Intel driver and support assistant. It downloads all updated drivers. But Every time Windows downgrade the Graphics driver from the updated one during updating Windows. It is being happening every time. When I update by this driver and support assistant...
  4. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Driver: If I have outdated Intel driver, can I still play genshin impact? My intel uhd driver is still up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver/375d3b5d-8443-48c1-9d74-d34b36c4a6c8
  5. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Driver: If I have outdated Intel driver, can I still play genshin impact? My intel uhd driver is still up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver/375d3b5d-8443-48c1-9d74-d34b36c4a6c8
  6. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Driver: When I updated to the new intel update to fix some of my games from acting really slow it worked but when I played the games for long or when I played certain games like Roblox my entire computer crashed without A BSOD or any warning. Does anybody know how to fix this?...
  7. Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD notebook with an Intel Core i3-5020 CPU and an integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500. I commonly use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update my drivers and it updated the graphics driver a few months ago to version 15.40 (20.19.15.5063)....
  8. Intel Hd Graphics downgraded to Regular Intel Graphics

Intel Hd Graphics downgraded to Regular Intel Graphics: Hello, I formated my computer and before that under (DeviceManager>Display Adapter) i had Intel HD Graphics with that I was able to play 3D rendered games like Minecart but When I formatted my Laptop the Display adapter changed to "Intel Family Chipset" I can't play...
  9. How to stop Windows 10 from downgrading my Intel Graphics Drivers?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Windows 10 from downgrading my Intel Graphics Drivers?!: Hi all, A few days ago we received our new Zenbook 3 Deluxe (UX490UA) and updated to the latest Intel Graphics Driver (24.20.100.6194). Unfortunately, every time I try to run Windows update, it downloads the Intel Graphics Driver from 2016 (21.xxxx) So far, I have...
  10. Intel drivers

Intel drivers: After trying to figure it out as to why my laptop kept freezing, I came to a conclusion that Windows is too bugged/Intel drivers are corrupt/bugged. Essentially, a few months ago, I "solved" my computer's freezing bug, where I couldn't use my mouse, keyboard and pretty...