Windows 10: windows download error 0x0070015 when trying to download updates

Discus and support windows download error 0x0070015 when trying to download updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I get update with this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidHolmes1950, Feb 10, 2020.

1. windows download error 0x0070015 when trying to download updates

how do I get update with this error

:)

DavidHolmes1950, Feb 10, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused windows download error 0x0070015 when trying to download updates :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Feb 10, 2020
  4. m4gicfour Win User

windows download error 0x0070015 when trying to download updates

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

windows download error 0x0070015 when trying to download updates

1. windows download error 0x0070015 when trying to download updates - Similar Threads - download error 0x0070015

2. Error when trying to download python.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to download python.: what is error code 2203?How can I fix it?Why it says error code 2203 when I try to download python in my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-download-python/33945119-eff1-4eeb-b555-5e85645b70e0
  3. Error when trying to download python.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to download python.: what is error code 2203?How can I fix it?Why it says error code 2203 when I try to download python in my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-download-python/33945119-eff1-4eeb-b555-5e85645b70e0
  4. Windows error when trying to download driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows error when trying to download driver: Every time I try to install a driver for my Arduino to keyboard conversion it says it found the device, but windows encountered an error installing the device. Does anyone know how to fix this. I have tried un-install re-install and restart computer. The only thing that might...
  5. Windows error when trying to download driver

Windows error when trying to download driver: Every time I try to install a driver for my Arduino to keyboard conversion it says it found the device, but windows encountered an error installing the device. Does anyone know how to fix this. I have tried un-install re-install and restart computer. The only thing that might...
  6. Error 0x800703e6 when trying to download & install updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x800703e6 when trying to download & install updates: I receive error 0x800703e6 when trying to download & install the latest cumulative updates including KB4023057, KB5003214 and KB5003173. Tried a few things to fix but unable to. Tried stopping update services and clearing the cache etc., scanning. Any suggestions?...
  7. Error when trying to download anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Error when trying to download anything: When I try to download anything, I get the following error: "Was blocked because this type of file can harm your device? I tried down loading files from sites that I downloaded from, and I get the same error. This started today. Yesterday it was fine. Thanks 167599
  8. error when downloading windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error when downloading windows updates: Updates are available. We'll download them when you are not using a metered connection, or you can download 177.24 MB using your current data connection (charges might apply). You might still need to connect to unmetered Wi-Fi for some updates....
  9. error message when trying to download a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error message when trying to download a game: ive been trying to get a game all day but keep getting error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-when-trying-to-download-a-game/eced1972-5a9d-4ac9-8287-ae894c88e81d
  10. Try the download again" error when downloading apps

Try the download again" error when downloading apps: I was trying to install some new apps in the Windows Store when it suddenly crashed on me. Upon trying the downloads again, the downloads ended in an error..."Try that download again something happened on our end" I thank anyone who will respond and try to help me with...