Windows 10: Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday

Discus and support Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I was able to see all of the files I downloaded, however today I tried to go and find them but only the ones that I downloaded yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnaAru, Nov 23, 2018.

1. AnaAru Win User

Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday

Yesterday I was able to see all of the files I downloaded, however today I tried to go and find them but only the ones that I downloaded yesterday showed up. I've tried looking for hidden files and going into other drives incase they somehow migrated, but had no luck.

:)

AnaAru, Nov 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Nov 23, 2018
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday - Similar Threads - download folder showing

2. Downloads folder not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder not showing: screen recording of downloads folder missing but existingidk why this is happeningheres a screenshot of my registry editor Screenshot 2024-04-08 132601.pngi have tried moving it to different locations but still the downloads folder is not visible...
  3. Downloads folder not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder not showing: screen recording of downloads folder missing but existingidk why this is happeningheres a screenshot of my registry editor Screenshot 2024-04-08 132601.pngi have tried moving it to different locations but still the downloads folder is not visible...
  4. Download Folder is not showing

Download Folder is not showing: Download Folder is not showing when i tried to change its location from c drive to D drive its name changed to D:\ then i unpin it from quick access and it disappeared i searched %downloads% and finds nothing...
  5. Download Folder is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Folder is not showing: Download Folder is not showing when i tried to change its location from c drive to D drive its name changed to D:\ then i unpin it from quick access and it disappeared i searched %downloads% and finds nothing...
  6. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  7. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  8. Downloads only work in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads only work in folders: Usually when I download a program, for example Blender or Pencil2D, the application will open when not in the folder I downloaded. However, today and for the past few months when I download an application it's no longer creating desktop shortcuts I can use to open it without...
  9. Downloads folder not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder not showing all files: I just noticed that my downloads folder seemed to have less files in it then when I remembered. Currently I can only see 800 files but when I check the properties it says there are 4000 files which makes a lot more sense. I have show hidden files on enabled and everything...
  10. How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder: I download wav files to import into Express Transcribe. Since Windows 10 they do not appear in the download file. How do I get them to show?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download folder showing yesterday

2. downloads folder only showing recents

3. in file explorer downloads only showing in quick access but not download folder

4. file explorer is not showing my recent downloads