Windows 10: Windows downloading same update twice. Is it normal?

Discus and support Windows downloading same update twice. Is it normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey Everyone! Is it normal for Windows to download the same update twice? I have seen it happening just 1 time earlier I guess but its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oopspruu, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Windows downloading same update twice. Is it normal?

/u/oopspruu, Apr 15, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    power failure during windows normal updates

Hi Sue,

It is possible that the update components were corrupted causing this issue to occur. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and update your Windows 10 again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Method 3: Reset Update Components.

Kindly refer to
    How do I reset Windows Update
    components

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Windows downloading same update twice. Is it normal?

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows downloading same update twice. Is it normal?

1. Windows downloading same update twice. Is it normal? - Similar Threads - downloading same update

2. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  3. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  4. Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update: Hello,Windows update shows same update downloading and installing when clicking checking for updates.The update that keeps coming up: 2023-10 Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057.Any ideas on clearing this?...
  5. Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update

Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update: Hello,Windows update shows same update downloading and installing when clicking checking for updates.The update that keeps coming up: 2023-10 Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057.Any ideas on clearing this?...
  6. Windows storing same folders twice and how to stop it

Windows storing same folders twice and how to stop it: I store docs, music. video and pictures in Onedrive and Always keep local copies on my laptop. However, I seem to be using more storage on my hard drive than expected and the problem seems to be that username/Documents and Username/Pictures folders are pointing to the...
  7. Using the same product key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the same product key twice?: I've been thinking of making a new PC using Windows 10. I have a laptop that was once running Windows 7, but then got the free update to Windows 10 a couple years ago. Would I be able to transfer the Windows 10 key to a different computer and make it activated? If so, how?...
  8. Accidentally used the same windows disc twice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidentally used the same windows disc twice: So i was just installing windows on a virtual machine but i wasnt thinking and used the disc for that VM. Now my windows says that it isnt genuine. Is there anything i can do?...
  9. Why is Windows trying to install the same update twice?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows trying to install the same update twice?: A picture is worth a thousand words, so: [img] 154394
  10. Same address twice in User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Same address twice in User Accounts: Using Netplwiz, I notice in my User Accounts I have the same User Name twice. Actually it is the same email address twice. Both are administrators under Group. My question is, can I remove one of those without having my computer going into meltdown. Please advise. 33117