Windows 10: Windows Drag Transparency Bug - Explorer and Outlook

Discus and support Windows Drag Transparency Bug - Explorer and Outlook in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am experiencing a bug related to transparency with dragging. Expected behavior is for the window to return to normal 100% opacity after the drag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Key2Starz, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Key2Starz Win User

Windows Drag Transparency Bug - Explorer and Outlook

I am experiencing a bug related to transparency with dragging. Expected behavior is for the window to return to normal 100% opacity after the drag operation is complete. Instead, it is remaining at the partial opacity set during the drag. See the screenshot below. This looks like I am still dragging - I am not, and once this occurs, the window will not turn back to normal new windows open with normal transparency. This is currently occuring with Outlook, but it was previously happening with Windows Explorer.

I tried turning transparency effects off in Windows settings, which did not help.

Windows Drag Transparency Bug - Explorer and Outlook bfdbfca4-bebc-4fe5-b3c0-68b8b44dd343?upload=true.png

:)

Key2Starz, Dec 4, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Dec 4, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, Dec 4, 2020
  4. FX-GMC Win User

You could install Windows Live Mail which is part of Windows Live Essentials. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3945

Windows Live Mail is what Outlook Express turned in to.

FX-GMC, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Drag Transparency Bug - Explorer and Outlook - Similar Threads - Drag Transparency Bug

2. Windows Explorer file drag icon and transparency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer file drag icon and transparency: Hello,when I drag a file on the Desktop, the file icon is transparent but when I drag a file in "Windows Explorer" the icon is not transparent and a part of the application is hidden by the icon, can you change this behavior so that the icon is transparent like on Desktop...
  3. Windows Explorer file drag icon and transparency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer file drag icon and transparency: Hello,when I drag a file on the Desktop, the file icon is transparent but when I drag a file in "Windows Explorer" the icon is not transparent and a part of the application is hidden by the icon, can you change this behavior so that the icon is transparent like on Desktop...
  4. Windows 11 transparency bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 transparency bug: I am currently running the latest public build of windows 11, and am facing an issue with the transparency effect on context menu and action center. The issue involves a thick and noticeable white border around otherwise transparent menus. So far, I have tried the...
  5. Windows 11 transparency bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 transparency bug: I am currently running the latest public build of windows 11, and am facing an issue with the transparency effect on context menu and action center. The issue involves a thick and noticeable white border around otherwise transparent menus. So far, I have tried the...
  6. Windows 10 Transparency Bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Transparency Bug?: So I noticed something weird after I got my new monitor LG27GN950. The monitor recently got a Firmware update that enables 4K @160Hz with 10bit color via Displayport 1.4 DSC, this is enabled in the monitor menu. Everything seems to work fine, it shows 160hz in Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Transparency bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Transparency bug?: So I noticed something weird after I got my new monitor LG27GN950. The monitor recently got a Firmware update that enables 4K @160Hz with 10bit color via Displayport 1.4 DSC, this is enabled in the monitor menu. Everything seems to work fine, it shows 160hz in Windows...
  8. Transparency bug

Transparency bug: Dear Microsoft Team, I am Henry. Recently, a bug on transparency has come to my PC. I am using windows 10 version 1903. However, when I turn on the transparency effect, the whole taskbar becomes completely transparent please look at the screenshot. Moreover, the sidebar of...
  9. Transparency in explorer

Transparency in explorer: I use transparency in my cmd and bash console and I love it. I wish explorer had a similar feature. A lot of times I find myself searching for things in my system based on what I'm reading online. It would be very helpful for productivity if there was an option to set...
  10. Windows transparency bug

Windows transparency bug: I know there are more threads with this question most of them were answered back in 2015 and 2016. The other ones with 2017 2018 answers are not working for me. I just wanted to make sure i hold this thread on top. I have a strong bug on my windows! First when windows 10...