Windows 10: Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem

Discus and support Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The original thread is locked but I'm still having issues with Windows Driver Foundation running constantly on Windows 10 home 1903. But I think I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Data_Dan, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Data_Dan Win User

Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem

The original thread is locked but I'm still having issues with Windows Driver Foundation running constantly on Windows 10 home 1903. But I think I can't upgrade to latest because I have Conexant audio device which is a known issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

I am running Think pad USB 3.0 Pro Dock which is using Display Link drivers that may be the real problem. When I unplug the USB 3 device problem goes away.

:)

Data_Dan, Oct 29, 2020

2. High CPU Usage by Windows Driver Foundation

Hi there, i have the same issue here. Since last Update the Windows Driver Foundation Task has a high CPU usage and my Surface Book lags like **** Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem :( I've done a Trace like requested. How can i send it to you guys? Best

Mathias Fabian, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem

Hi Markus,

WUDFHost or Windows Driver Foundation is a set of libraries and tools which helps in reducing the complexity while writing Windows drivers. It pushes the drivers to user mode. This service is necessary for the overall stability
    of the system.

You've mentioned that all your apps and programs have been updated, is Windows included in them? How about your drivers, especially your WiFi driver?

Have you ran the System Maintenance Troubleshooter? Running this troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts, and perform maintenance tasks.

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

You may also perform a Clean Boot to make sure that no application is causing the high CPU usage.

Clean Boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when running or installing a program in Windows 10.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Here are some other steps you may take to troubleshoot the high CPU usage issue you're in.

Let us know what happens next.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem

Windows Driver Foundation and Services and Controller App High CPU Usage

I too am experiencing a high CPU usage, sometimes going over 40%, due to the "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Processes" process. I've used all the 4 methods you have given above to troubleshoot this issue, but none of them have
    reported any problems or corruption issues with my system files.

Here is the surprising thing. I tried to determine the underlying cause of the high CPU usage from this process by shutting down all applications and seeing which one caused an abnormal spike in the CPU usage. I used task manager to help me track changes
    in CPU percentage usage. The surprising part is that with no processes running the CPU is very low, but just the simple act of moving my mouse around results in CPU jumping up virtually right away. If I move the mouse in small on-screen increments, CPU climbs
    up to about 5 to 10%. Rapid and large on-screen increments in the movement of the mouse leads to the bigger jumps I had referred to earlier.

I have a recent install of Windows 10, Version 10.0.14393.0 so I'm assuming I have the most up-to-date mouse and other drivers installed.

Murli Koushik, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem

1. Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem - Similar Threads - Driver Foundation High

2. How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: It seems this was installed with a recent Windows update on 6/28/23, is it needed? I do not see it in Services console, should I use command prompt to enter: sc config “wudfsvc” start=disabled? Thank you....
  3. How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: It seems this was installed with a recent Windows update on 6/28/23. I do not see it in Services console, how do I keep this from running? Thank you....
  4. How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: It seems this was installed with a recent Windows update on 6/28/23. I do not see it in Services console, how do I keep this from running? Thank you....
  5. Windows Foundation Driver High Cpu - Cannot Disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Foundation Driver High Cpu - Cannot Disable: Hi,I have a Dell XPS 9520 with a Dell Docking station.Every several minutes Windows Driver Foundation causes my cpu to use many resources and cause the CPU temp to rise.Each time i have to manually end the task. All the online tips show to go into services and choose to...
  6. Windows Foundation Driver High Cpu - Cannot Disable

Windows Foundation Driver High Cpu - Cannot Disable: Hi,I have a Dell XPS 9520 with a Dell Docking station.Every several minutes Windows Driver Foundation causes my cpu to use many resources and cause the CPU temp to rise.Each time i have to manually end the task. All the online tips show to go into services and choose to...
  7. Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage: For some reason, whenever I actively do anything on my second monitor which is connected through an adapter, it launches the Windows Driver Foundation thing through the roof with GPU, using around 35% when OBS is open and 20% when just Firefox is open. I've tried EVERYTHING...
  8. Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage

Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage: For some reason, whenever I actively do anything on my second monitor which is connected through an adapter, it launches the Windows Driver Foundation thing through the roof with GPU, using around 35% when OBS is open and 20% when just Firefox is open. I've tried EVERYTHING...
  9. Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: I recently started to get this problem i have done system maintenance troubleshoot and uninstalling my Wi-Fi adapters but i still get 80%+ CPU usage and the temperature is around 80-90 degrees i checked if i was running on the latest windows and i am. This is been like this...