Windows 10: Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage

Discus and support Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Task Manager -> Processes, "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process" is using a lot of CPU time. It's at 5 or 6% after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ddfridley, Oct 15, 2020.

1. ddfridley Win User

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage

In Task Manager -> Processes, "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process" is using a lot of CPU time. It's at 5 or 6% after a reboot, but the more time that goes by, and the more I go into standby and come out, the higher the utilization goes.

This is a new problem, but I was having it before this most recent windows update.

There is a question from 2017 that has this same title, but that question is locked, and this seems to be different.

I have not installed anything recently - some things on the web say to reinstall drivers - but which drivers should I reinstall?

Windows 10 Home

Version 2004

Help!

:)

ddfridley, Oct 15, 2020

2. Windows Driver Foundation and Services and Controller App High CPU Usage

I too am experiencing a high CPU usage, sometimes going over 40%, due to the "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Processes" process. I've used all the 4 methods you have given above to troubleshoot this issue, but none of them have
    reported any problems or corruption issues with my system files.

Here is the surprising thing. I tried to determine the underlying cause of the high CPU usage from this process by shutting down all applications and seeing which one caused an abnormal spike in the CPU usage. I used task manager to help me track changes
    in CPU percentage usage. The surprising part is that with no processes running the CPU is very low, but just the simple act of moving my mouse around results in CPU jumping up virtually right away. If I move the mouse in small on-screen increments, CPU climbs
    up to about 5 to 10%. Rapid and large on-screen increments in the movement of the mouse leads to the bigger jumps I had referred to earlier.

I have a recent install of Windows 10, Version 10.0.14393.0 so I'm assuming I have the most up-to-date mouse and other drivers installed.

Murli Koushik, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Windows Driver Foundation and Services and Controller App High CPU Usage

I have high CPU usage (30%) issue on my Windows 10 OS because of two processes below:

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Processes

Services and Controller App

The file location of Windows Driver Foundation is System32 folder with the name of 'WUDF Host'.

The file location of the Services and Controller App is also System 32 with the name of 'services'.

I've tried to disable all services except belongs to Microsoft from Msconfig and restart, but problem didn't solved.

I've tried to contact and solve my problem via Microsoft Call Center Support but they couldn't manage and offer me to pay and buy a package to get remote desktop connection to solve the problem. It's so sad to hear that I need to pay to get support to solve
    my problem. Seems like Microsoft promised supports are limited to make customer pay more to sell package.

Please help me about my issue,

Thanks in advance.

okanincedayı, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage

High CPU Usage by Windows Driver Foundation

Hi there, i have the same issue here. Since last Update the Windows Driver Foundation Task has a high CPU usage and my Surface Book lags like **** Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage :( I've done a Trace like requested. How can i send it to you guys? Best

Mathias Fabian, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage

1. Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage - Similar Threads - Driver Foundation User

2. How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: It seems this was installed with a recent Windows update on 6/28/23, is it needed? I do not see it in Services console, should I use command prompt to enter: sc config “wudfsvc” start=disabled? Thank you....
  3. How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: It seems this was installed with a recent Windows update on 6/28/23. I do not see it in Services console, how do I keep this from running? Thank you....
  4. How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: It seems this was installed with a recent Windows update on 6/28/23. I do not see it in Services console, how do I keep this from running? Thank you....
  5. Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage: For some reason, whenever I actively do anything on my second monitor which is connected through an adapter, it launches the Windows Driver Foundation thing through the roof with GPU, using around 35% when OBS is open and 20% when just Firefox is open. I've tried EVERYTHING...
  6. Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage: For some reason, whenever I actively do anything on my second monitor which is connected through an adapter, it launches the Windows Driver Foundation thing through the roof with GPU, using around 35% when OBS is open and 20% when just Firefox is open. I've tried EVERYTHING...
  7. Windows Driver Foundation - High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Stopped Working: Hello, I am seeing this error pop up repeatedly "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process - Stopped Working ". It appears continuously, The error does not cause my system to crash, but I am concerned this error keeps appearing. The errors seem to...
  9. Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem

Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage Problem: The original thread is locked but I'm still having issues with Windows Driver Foundation running constantly on Windows 10 home 1903. But I think I can't upgrade to latest because I have Conexant audio device which is a known issue....
  10. Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: I recently started to get this problem i have done system maintenance troubleshoot and uninstalling my Wi-Fi adapters but i still get 80%+ CPU usage and the temperature is around 80-90 degrees i checked if i was running on the latest windows and i am. This is been like this...