Windows 10: Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Stopped Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am seeing this error pop up repeatedly "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process - Stopped Working ". It appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GordonGartrelle, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Stopped Working

Hello,

I am seeing this error pop up repeatedly "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process - Stopped Working ".

It appears continuously, The error does not cause my system to crash, but I am concerned this error keeps appearing. The errors seem to be happening repeatedly when the computer is in hibernation and they are spaced apart by approximately an hour.

I have updated Windows 10 Home version 20H2 Build:19042.906. I ran the hardware diagnostic in the BIOS and the system passed. My drivers Dell XPS15 9570 are up to date. I also ran the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restore-Health" commands and it did not solve the issue.

The error description looks like the following:

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: WUDFHost.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.19041.1
    Application Timestamp: e092f869
    Fault Module Name: usbinterface.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5e82ba56
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000000000000ff32
    OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: cdf5
    Additional Information 2: cdf5291cf76d27ad64f4ceabc6358b63
    Additional Information 3: 25b7
    Additional Information 4: 25b73efda505f6ce37a4e27e1eb7df2f

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: b345929f86a7f303c4261d36ec2acc68 1451880051601230952

What else can I try to take care of this? I appreciate your help.

:)

GordonGartrelle, Apr 9, 2021
  2. ddfridley Win User

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage

In Task Manager -> Processes, "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process" is using a lot of CPU time. It's at 5 or 6% after a reboot, but the more time that goes by, and the more I go into standby and come out, the higher the utilization
    goes.

This is a new problem, but I was having it before this most recent windows update.

There is a question from 2017 that has this same title, but that question is locked, and this seems to be different.

I have not installed anything recently - some things on the web say to reinstall drivers - but which drivers should I reinstall?

Windows 10 Home

Version 2004

Help!

ddfridley, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Driver host process timeout.

Source

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process
    Summary

Driver host process timeout.
    Date

‎12/‎4/‎2017 12:16 PM
    Status

Report sent
    Description

The Windows User-Mode Driver Framework detected that a driver host-process did not complete a critical operation within the allowed timeout period.

This report contains information about the process and the drivers running within and will be used to improve the quality of these drivers.
    Problem signature

Problem Event Name: WUDFHostProblem

EventClass: HostProblem

Problem: HostTimeout

DetectedBy: 2

UMDFVersion: 2.23.0

ExitCode: 103

Operation: 0

HardwareId: ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6000

OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48

Bucket ID: 29ae70c4a0ae5e1589c64f8cb2a66824 (127851578046)

Original title/subject: driver

JPickett60, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Stopped Working

uninstalled driver reinstalled original version from hp site

Source

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process

Summary

Date

‎12/‎10/‎2017 2:00 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

The Windows User-Mode Driver Framework detected that a driver host-process did not complete a critical operation within the allowed timeout period.

This report contains information about the process and the drivers running within and will be used to improve the quality of these drivers.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: WUDFHostProblem

EventClass: HostProblem

Problem: HostTimeout

DetectedBy: 2

UMDFVersion: 2.23.0

ExitCode: 103

Operation: 0

HardwareId: ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6000

OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48

Bucket ID: 29ae70c4a0ae5e1589c64f8cb2a66824 (127851578046)

Problem started when windows installed driver for windows 10

on other HP laptop same version was installed on it with no problem!

on this laptop windows 10 pro has a conflict with Accelerometer driver

JPickett60, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Stopped Working

1. Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Driver Foundation User

2. "User Mode Driver framework Host Process" task is taking up all my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "User Mode Driver framework Host Process" task is taking up all my memory: I've updated drivers as recommended but it still keeps happening - I think it has something to do with dual monitors that I'm using with my laptop, and the usb hub they connect in through have been in the office recently and I don't get the issue using their monitors/usb hub...
  3. "User Mode Driver framework Host Process" task is taking up all my memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "User Mode Driver framework Host Process" task is taking up all my memory: I've updated drivers as recommended but it still keeps happening - I think it has something to do with dual monitors that I'm using with my laptop, and the usb hub they connect in through have been in the office recently and I don't get the issue using their monitors/usb hub...
  4. User-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated.: Critical error event 10110. User-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated followed by The dvice Goodiz fingerprint post is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Can't seem to fix this:...
  5. User-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated.

User-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated.: Critical error event 10110. User-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated followed by The dvice Goodiz fingerprint post is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Can't seem to fix this:...
  6. User-Mode Driver Framework WUDFHostProblem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User-Mode Driver Framework WUDFHostProblem: Hello,Not sure that I saw a relevant fix for this issue. For a while, my computer will freeze when playing a game, or drawing digitally, among other things. I will only be able to hard boot it by pressing the power button. Mouse keyboard screen will all lock up. I have tried...
  7. WUDFHost.exe User-mode Driver Framework Host Process accessed my Location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WUDFHost.exe User-mode Driver Framework Host Process accessed my Location: Hello,Anyone encountered this? Anyone knows why or how to troubleshoot this?WUDFHost.exe is accessing the location of my computer. I wonder what is doing that.I'm quite sure mostly that my computer is clean, with no virus/malware.It is weird, and it should not. But I'm not...
  8. WUDFHost.exe User-mode Driver Framework Host Process accessed my Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WUDFHost.exe User-mode Driver Framework Host Process accessed my Location: Hello,Anyone encountered this? Anyone knows why or how to troubleshoot this?WUDFHost.exe is accessing the location of my computer. I wonder what is doing that.I'm quite sure mostly that my computer is clean, with no virus/malware.It is weird, and it should not. But I'm not...
  9. WUDFHost.exe User-mode Driver Framework Host Process accessed my Location

10. Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process High CPU usage: In Task Manager -> Processes, "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process" is using a lot of CPU time. It's at 5 or 6% after a reboot, but the more time that goes by, and the more I go into standby and come out, the higher the utilization goes....