Windows 10: windows driver update can't be installed via device manager

Discus and support windows driver update can't be installed via device manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have downloaded my Asus laptop driver files from Asus website and tried to install latest version of some drivers in device manager but it can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MollyFB, Oct 14, 2020.

1. MollyFB Win User

windows driver update can't be installed via device manager

I have downloaded my Asus laptop driver files from Asus website and tried to install latest version of some drivers in device manager but it can't find my new update files anywhere in my computer also it can't find any update for drivers by searching online

how can I solve it? I've faced some problems and really need to update my drivers
    it just shows this message: "the best drivers for your device are already installed!" while they are not!

:)

MollyFB, Oct 14, 2020

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 14, 2020
  4. windows driver update can't be installed via device manager

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

windows driver update can't be installed via device manager

1. windows driver update can't be installed via device manager - Similar Threads - driver update can't

2. My device manager can't update my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My device manager can't update my drivers: HelloI am trying to update the various drivers in device manager but whenever I try to update the top bar show up "Device Manager Not Responding"So can someone help me please....
  3. My device manager can't update my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device manager can't update my drivers: HelloI am trying to update the various drivers in device manager but whenever I try to update the top bar show up "Device Manager Not Responding"So can someone help me please....
  4. My device manager can't update my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  6. Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager

Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager: Last night my all my bluetooth devices stopped working. When I run the troubleshooter it says that my device does not have bluetooth. In the device manager I can see bluetooth if I show hidden devices, but when I click on properties it it shows nothing. All of the devices...
  7. Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet

Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet: Hi, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, with 2 GB Ram and 1.8 Ghz processor. Windows runs fine but my display isn't too goodGraphics card - ATI Mobility Radeon x2300. When I went to Device Manager, it shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapterand not my graphics...
  8. Driver update failure via Device Manager in Safe Mode -

Driver update failure via Device Manager in Safe Mode -: Confronting with a series of Windows 10 driver update issues recently. The most recent one is as follows: Managing to update the graphics drivers 2 graphic interfaces: an AMD Radeon R5 M335 and an Intel HD Graphics 520 - integrated of my PC via Device Manager with the...
  9. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager: I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but when device manager refreshes it still says unknown device as if it was never updated. I tried this on a 2nd computer and it...
  10. update drivers in device manager

update drivers in device manager: I need to update drivers, audio, keyboard, and more. Is it best to do this from device manager or elsewhere or not at all. 104015