Windows 10: Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect)

Discus and support Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 appears to intermittently lose its ability to connect to the internet, despite other devices on my network connecting without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by misterdan, Nov 11, 2018.

1. misterdan Win User

Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect)

Hello,

Windows 10 appears to intermittently lose its ability to connect to the internet, despite other devices on my network connecting without a problem, and despite the strong wifi connection. If I type in the local IP's such as the router and printer into a web browser, it connects without issue. Usually, after windows drops the connection, I have to disconnect from the network and restart. This is a recent problem. Using the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Does anyone have any long term solutions?

Thanks.

:)

misterdan, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Melvis Win User

Can't connect to the Internet, local connection only??

Hi guys,

I have a laptop here that refuses to connect to the internet over Wifi. Ethernet works fine but once I try to connect wifi it only connects as a local network without the internet.

I have tried a few different things like reinstalling the drivers, changing a few different settings in the registry but with out any luck.

Can anyone have any ideas? i have the flu at the moment and I just cant think straight and I need this fixed and out the door asap.

The laptop is running windows Vista 32

*Toast :toast:

Melvis, Nov 11, 2018
  3. RobinBae Win User
    Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection

Dear all,
    I generally have good WiFI connection, but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet, which provides me with WiFI in our working space. No problems here.
    I have been noticing that on my laptop, when I sit in the living space, my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT losing connection to the WiFi network. This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes. Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity. This happens at random (to me). My cell phone doesn't have the same problem, nor does my GF's computer.
    I notice that when i go back to the workspace (where wifi is distributed through my TP-link), more often then not I instantly regain connection. Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link?

Here is the runout for my ipconfig /all and
    Output for 'netsh wlan show all'

Windows IP Configuration.docx
    Regards,
    Robin

RobinBae, Nov 11, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect)

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect) [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect) [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect) - Similar Threads - Dropping Internet Connection

2. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  3. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  4. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  6. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  7. No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi

No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi: I had an open thread which I have now abandoned, as it had become too confused due to my complete lack of knowledge about what the problems really were and how to solve them. Now that I have at least a somewhat improved knowledge of what does work and does not, herewith that...
  8. Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops

Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops: Hi I have a Samsung Note 9 which I use as a mobile hotspot When I connect my Surface Pro 6 to the wifi it works absolutely fine. I mostly use it on the train. When the train goes through a long tunnel or area with no signal, the internet connection is lost. Windows senses...
  9. Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.

Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.: So in my house we have to wifi connections but it wont connect to my main internet. it will connect to are bad internet that is always in and out and just has a poor connection. but are main one I was connect too yesterday evening and when I went to get on my internet that...
  10. Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection

Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection: Dear all, I generally have good WiFI connection, but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet, which provides me with WiFI in our working space. No problems here. I have been noticing that on my laptop, when I sit in the living space, my...