Windows 10: windows DVD disappeared-how do I get it back?

Discus and support windows DVD disappeared-how do I get it back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; dvd disappeared how do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carmen VonTickner, Feb 16, 2019.

1. windows DVD disappeared-how do I get it back?

dvd disappeared how do I get it back?

:)

Carmen VonTickner, Feb 16, 2019
  2. mikelori5 Win User

Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

mikelori5, Feb 16, 2019
  3. DVD Drive repeatedly missing

Thanks for your suggestions.

My PC is ASROCK ACPI X64 and the DVD drive is optiarc DVD RW AD 5240S.

I have tried all your methods from 1 to 3 but none solved the problem.

Method 1 Step 5

Run as administrator not available

Method 2 Step C

Expand DVD/CD rom drives Not visable

Method 3 Step 3

Corrupted files found but not all fixed

All updates have been installed.

Any new suggestions?

Regards:

David Massey 175, Feb 16, 2019
  4. windows DVD disappeared-how do I get it back?

Disappearing dvd drive

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Do you receive any error code or prompt?

This issue could occur due to some corrupted or incompatible DVD/CD-ROM device driver in Device manager on your system.

Let’s try to Enable "show hidden device" and follow these steps below:

Method 1: Since you are unable to locate the CD/DVD in device manager, I would suggest you to try the steps below to enable hidden devices in device manager and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Click on "view" and select "show hidden devices".

Method 2: Update or reinstall the driver:

To update the driver, search for the driver on the device manufacturer's website, and then follow the installation instructions on the website.

To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
      Allow
    • In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click
      Uninstall.
    • When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
      OK
    • Restart the computer.
    After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

windows DVD disappeared-how do I get it back?

1. windows DVD disappeared-how do I get it back? - Similar Threads - DVD disappeared

2. DVD drive disappears when trying to burn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive disappears when trying to burn: Windows 11 keeps deleting my external DVD drive. I used the drive to install many games and other software with no issues. But in the last month or so after a Windows update the drive randomly stops working and it doesn't even show up in Device Manager or Windows Explorer....
  3. DVD drive disappears when trying to burn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive disappears when trying to burn: Windows 11 keeps deleting my external DVD drive. I used the drive to install many games and other software with no issues. But in the last month or so after a Windows update the drive randomly stops working and it doesn't even show up in Device Manager or Windows Explorer....
  4. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11: DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11.I/ve tried 3 different computers with Windows 11It works fine on Windows 10Need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-disappears-when-disk-inserted-windows-11/5f679b9b-e234-40ed-adef-3e328ffab4bd
  5. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11

DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11: DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11.I/ve tried 3 different computers with Windows 11It works fine on Windows 10Need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-disappears-when-disk-inserted-windows-11/5f679b9b-e234-40ed-adef-3e328ffab4bd
  6. Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?

Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?: I must've had this issue hanging on for sum years and pretty much tried everything and not able to solve the cd rom that mysteriously disappeared. I saw an article here about someone who had the same issue and finally got it fixed. Help!...
  7. Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?: I must've had this issue hanging on for sum years and pretty much tried everything and not able to solve the cd rom that mysteriously disappeared. I saw an article here about someone who had the same issue and finally got it fixed. Help!...
  8. Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. DVD Blueray disappeared after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Blueray disappeared after update.: Toshiba P775–s7215 equipment.My dvd blueray RW drive disappeared from the device screen after an automatic update occurred for Windows 10.The drive will physically open, spins for awhile when closed 5-7 seconds maybe then just stops.No “what do you want to do….”message or...
  10. DVD Blueray disappeared after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Blueray disappeared after update.: Toshiba P775–s7215 equipment.My dvd blueray RW drive disappeared from the device screen after an automatic update occurred for Windows 10.The drive will physically open, spins for awhile when closed 5-7 seconds maybe then just stops.No “what do you want to do….”message or...