Windows 10: Windows DVD launch

Discus and support Windows DVD launch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I saw a note saying that my laptop which has no OPT. drive but has Windows 10 was acceptable to use for the DVD launch. So I paid my $14.99 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lorraine4Now, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows DVD launch

I saw a note saying that my laptop which has no OPT. drive but has Windows 10 was acceptable to use for the DVD launch. So I paid my $14.99 and received the Launch.

I still don't have an OPT. drive - which keeps me "Up the creek without a paddle". I don't think there is an answer for this, however I'll take all the help I can get.

THANK YOU -

:)

Lorraine4Now, May 14, 2020

2. windows dvd burner

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows DVD player won't play a DVD

Hello Willie,

This issue sometimes occurs after you made any changes on your computer. For steps on how to resolve this, you may refer to the steps below:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

We also suggest you try uninstalling the DVD drive drivers and check if it works for you.
    Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on Uninstall.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it is uninstalled.
    Note: We suggest that you also get in touch with your computer manufacturer and ask for assistance on how to download the latest chip set drivers.

Feel free to provide the result and feedback.

Lawrence Lib, May 14, 2020
  4. Windows DVD launch

Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows DVD launch

1. Windows DVD launch - Similar Threads - DVD launch

2. Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store: I received a gift of windows dvd app but when I redeemed it, app hasn't downloaded nor can I find it on my computer or in my Microsoft Store or my account. I have relentlessly followed the instructions without success. I have pressed updates in my store account, I have...
  3. Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store: I received a gift of windows dvd app but when I redeemed it, app hasn't downloaded nor can I find it on my computer or in my Microsoft Store or my account. I have relentlessly followed the instructions without success. I have pressed updates in my store account, I have...
  4. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  5. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  6. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?: the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dvd-player-is-displaying-distorted-images-how/6ea693bb-98a4-429b-b9bb-263fc47a0c7a
  7. loaded Windows DVD Player - when I launch my screen displays "LOADING" and does nothing but...

loaded Windows DVD Player - when I launch my screen displays "LOADING" and does nothing but...: just purchased "Windows Media Player". Insert CD and select to run. Screen appears with the message "LOADING". Nothing happen so I cancel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loaded-windows-dvd-player-when-i-launch-my-screen/78df2724-f2d6-4801-b9a4-2e2d7f6eb30e
  8. I have just bought windows dvd player and cannot get it to launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have just bought windows dvd player and cannot get it to launch: I just bought Windows 10 dvd player for €14.99 and cannot get it to work. I know upgrading to 10 from 8.1 means I cannot play dvds. What should I do? Should I request a refund? Thank you....
  9. Windows DVD Player closes at launch

Windows DVD Player closes at launch: Before the Windows DVD Player app purchase, the message on the screen had mentioned that the external DVD Player connected is compatible with the app... and prompted me to buy it. After buying the app, the app displayed 'Loading' for a few seconds and then just closed...
  10. DVD app closes at launch

DVD app closes at launch: Windows DVD has played in the past but now will close at launch. Asks to put in a dvd, says "loading" then closes completely. Troubleshooter says it cant play with USB 3.0, needs USB 2.0. Is there an upgrade? How do I get it to play again? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd drive wont play dvd windows 10