Windows 10: Windows DVD Player and File Explorer close when reading a DVD

Discus and support Windows DVD Player and File Explorer close when reading a DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to autoplay a DVD, the Windows DVD Player will load and then immediately close. When I view the /VIDEO_TS directory in the DVD the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ebakunin, Apr 4, 2017.

1. ebakunin Win User

Windows DVD Player and File Explorer close when reading a DVD

When I try to autoplay a DVD, the Windows DVD Player will load and then immediately close. When I view the /VIDEO_TS directory in the DVD the same event happens. This behavior was not true in the past. What is going on?

I am running Windows 10. My DVD drive is a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT0N. The drivers are up-to-date.

:)

ebakunin, Apr 4, 2017

2. DVD player do not function

When I put a DVD at de DVD player of my PC, the App widows DVD player do not play the DVD automatically. When I open the App begins to read, charging but close after this message a nd do not open play the DVD.

<Moved from Windows Insider forums>

Leonardo JorgeAndre de Barros, Apr 4, 2017
  3. Byrnault Win User
    Reliability update is available for Windows DVD player apps

I do not have the Windows 10 update KB4015438. I ran the update check as instructed and have no updates. I checked the history and do not have KB4015438. I went to the Microsoft site and downloaded the 1GB+ file and attempted to install it. I was informed
    that the update is not applicable to my computer.

When I put in a DVD, it goes to the APP Store. I have to then open the DVD player and push play. Sometimes it doesn't read and I have to grow through the process of taking out the DVD, closing down the DVD Player and putting the DVD back in. Every time it reads
    it though, it goes to the store.....

Byrnault, Apr 4, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Bree, Apr 4, 2017
  5. ebakunin Win User
    That was the solution. Thank you so much!

ebakunin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows DVD Player and File Explorer close when reading a DVD - Similar Threads - DVD Player File

2. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.: Roofull A41-su, cd dvd player won't recognize DVD-R, works great on CD's.*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roofull-cd-dvd-player-works-on-cds-but-wont-read/6e352226-c0f5-4b99-8fb7-85985cf5203d
  3. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.: Roofull A41-su, cd dvd player won't recognize DVD-R, works great on CD's.*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roofull-cd-dvd-player-works-on-cds-but-wont-read/6e352226-c0f5-4b99-8fb7-85985cf5203d
  4. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dvd not reading

dvd not reading: my sony VPCSB18GG LAPTOP IN iNDIA IS NOT DETECTING THE DVD WHEN INSERTED. LAPTOP WAS UPGRADED TO WINDOW 10 FROM WINDOW 7ONE YEAR BACK. THE TROUBLE STARTED THEREAFTER. HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM...
  6. Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player

Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player: I have a centrix usb dvd player that works fine on my old toshiba laptop reads and installs programs but my new computer an hp pavillion x360 recognizes the dvd player in device manager and indicates everything is working fine but when put a dvd disk in there it wont read...
  7. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  8. Windows DVD Player closes at launch

Windows DVD Player closes at launch: Before the Windows DVD Player app purchase, the message on the screen had mentioned that the external DVD Player connected is compatible with the app... and prompted me to buy it. After buying the app, the app displayed 'Loading' for a few seconds and then just closed...
  9. Dvd not reading

Dvd not reading: I was just watching a movie with vlc media player then i went to pop another movie in my cd was making noises. Not like it did for the previous dvd. The new movie is a rental from redbox n so i thought it was the sticker, so i removed it (dont worry i bought the movie before...
  10. File Explorer Fails Reading DVD Directory

File Explorer Fails Reading DVD Directory: Ultimately, I want to copy my DVD files to my computer hard drive. I have encountered a problem trying to read the directory of and copy [VOB] files from a YesVideo DVD. There is no copy protection, it's my 8mm video they translated to DVD format. YesVideo says I am...