Windows 10: Windows DVD Player App from the Windows Store

Discus and support Windows DVD Player App from the Windows Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The Windows DVD Player App has stopped working and gives an error code. This App was given free by Microsoft as part of the free upgrade from Windows... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Techno Bob, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Windows DVD Player App from the Windows Store

The Windows DVD Player App has stopped working and gives an error code. This App was given free by Microsoft as part of the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Please note it is the app that does not work my physical DVD player works well in all other respects; I make this point as replies on other threads misunderstand the question and start talking about problems with the computers built in physical drive.

:)

Techno Bob, Apr 8, 2019

2. Windows DVD Player from App Store Not Playing U.S. Standard DVD's

So I read that upgrading from Window 7 to Windows 10 strips a bunch of CODEC's that Windows Media Player use to have. From what I understand this has to be purchased now in the Windows Apps Store for ~ USD 15. So I went ahead and did it and the app still
    does not play DVD's. Here are my steps and errors:

• Load my DVD (original DVD, not copied) into my DVD tray
    • Double click on This PC
    • Find my DVD drive and right click on it, select Auto Play
    • Select Windows DVD Player (the one I purchased for $15 from the app store)
    • DVD Player App launches and errors out with: "Error: Video could not be decoded"
    This is not display driver issue because VLC Player works just fine (the audio codec's don't work correct though).

• If this App is simply too buggy, can someone tell me how to get a refund?
    I tried going to: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpReturnsRefundsPage and clicking on

• If you’d like to return your purchase made in the last thirty days without any hassles, you can initiate this yourself in your order
      history
    But the page simply crashes. Any help would be appreciated.

chiques8675309, Apr 8, 2019
  3. windows dvd player in my HP laptop (windowas 10) has stopped working

I did Method 1 followed by Method 2. In Method 2 & step 2, I uninstalled the DVD player app.

However, now the Windows store wants me to pay $14.99 for the Windows 10 version of the DVD player app.

HELP! .... I'm now without the Windows 10 DVD player app and I have no intention of paying $14.99 for something that I was told to delete by Microsoft Help.

********************************************************************************************

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the DVD player app and check if this helps.

• Go to settings and click on System.

• Click on App & features, locate for the DVD player app, click on it and uninstall it.
    Note: You can install it back again from Windows store.

********************************************************************************************

MichaelAnas, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Windows DVD Player App from the Windows Store

Windows 10 DVD Player

Hi Susi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

1. Are you able to play the DVD using Windows Media Player or other video players (if any) in your computer?

2. Did you try to play from other DVD disc's to check if it plays?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store App troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the status and requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows DVD Player App from the Windows Store

1. Windows DVD Player App from the Windows Store - Similar Threads - DVD Player App

2. Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Windows DVD Player: How to stop auto renew of DVD player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-windows-10-apps-windows-dvd-player/68a39b54-197f-4989-8000-d23839e46432
  3. Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Windows DVD Player: How to stop auto renew of DVD player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-windows-10-apps-windows-dvd-player/68a39b54-197f-4989-8000-d23839e46432
  4. i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home...: i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home edition. why isn't there a download and install link? it shows i bought it but it says open in the store....
  5. i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home...

i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home...: i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home edition. why isn't there a download and install link? it shows i bought it but it says open in the store....
  6. windows dvd player app software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows dvd player app software: I installed the windows 10 DVD player app and software all I get is a page with turn on button fast forward, backward, speaker icon ... dots bottom right, top left a"dvd player". how do I get windows 10 dvd player to work?...
  7. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I purchased Windows DVD player app for windows 10. It does not appear as a tile box and does not appear in the Start menu list does not autoplay and start when i insert a dvd...
  8. windows 10 dvd player App

windows 10 dvd player App: I recently purchased the windows dvd player app to filter through dvd's and save and edit them. However since installing the App my computer become incredibly slow also my windows 10 sometimes recognises the drive and sometimes doesn't. I have tried uninstalling and...
  9. DVD player app that's safe, and actually works (Windows DVD player doesn't)

DVD player app that's safe, and actually works (Windows DVD player doesn't): Do you recommend a DVD player app for Windows 10? I bought the Windows DVD app, but it does not work! Reading reviews, apparently others have issues with it. I'm hesitant to try the free ones out there, as I don't want malware. Any better suggestions? thanks....
  10. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with Windows DVD Player. Windows DVD Player is an add on App for a fee. If you upgrade, Microsoft will give you a free copy of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. he Windows DVD Player app