Windows 10: Windows DVD player freezing

Discus and support Windows DVD player freezing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using Windows DVD player, every time I click full screen or ratio change while it is unpaused, it freezes and I have to close and reopen it for it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElizabethW3, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Windows DVD player freezing

When using Windows DVD player, every time I click full screen or ratio change while it is unpaused, it freezes and I have to close and reopen it for it to play again. Now it also freezes if I pause it, do something else, and resume it. The audio is fine, it is the video that freezes. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

ElizabethW3, Feb 13, 2019
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. DVD player

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Your title suggests issue with DVD Player and body of the message you've mentioned about Media Player. I would require more information to assist you better:

• What is the exact issue are you facing?
    • Are you facing issue with Media Player or DVD Player?
    I would like to inform you that Media player is in-built and it should present in Windows 10. If you're facing issue with DVD Player, I would suggest you to go through the following link and see if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/dvd-playback-help

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Windows DVD player freezing

windows dvd burner

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows DVD player freezing

1. Windows DVD player freezing - Similar Threads - DVD player freezing

2. Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD Player: I bought a copy Windows DVD Player a few weeks ago. I had to reset my laptop to factory. How do I download it back on this same laptop? I shouldn't have to pay again. Thanks....
  3. Windows dvd player

Windows dvd player: A few days ago I bought Windows DVD Player. On my back statement, it shows: recurring payment? What does this mean? I paid for it, am I going to get charged again for this product that I have already paid for? If so, why?...
  4. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I purchased Windows DVD player app for windows 10. It does not appear as a tile box and does not appear in the Start menu list does not autoplay and start when i insert a dvd...
  5. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: Eu comprei meu PC e nele já continham o DVD Player (Sistema era 8.1) mas depois de atualizar para a versão 10 de aniversário, ele sumiu. O que faço agora? Não vou pagar por algo que eu já comprei....
  6. Windows dvd player

Windows dvd player: I purchased the Microsoft DVD player, and on it shows up in the correct place and says I own it, but when I click install, nothing happens. The first time I tried, it appeared to be trying to download. I waited a few days thinking it was a glitch, but when I tried this...
  7. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  8. windows DVD player

windows DVD player: I have bought this app in the App Store but all that appears on my screen is an unhelpful message saying that "We're attempting" to download it but with no explanation of why it is failing to download. If it won't download, how o I get my money back?...
  9. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: So I have upgraded from a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and according to KB Article 3081704 I should be able to get it. Any reason why I only see $14.99 on the windows store? 14946
  10. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with Windows DVD Player. Windows DVD Player is an add on App for a fee. If you upgrade, Microsoft will give you a free copy of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dvd player freeze