Windows 10: windows dvd player on more than one device

Discus and support windows dvd player on more than one device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought windows dvd player nine six months ago and a second laptop two months ago. Do I have to buy it again for my second computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeorgeStergios, Sep 17, 2021.

1. windows dvd player on more than one device

I bought windows dvd player nine six months ago and a second laptop two months ago. Do I have to buy it again for my second computer?

:)

GeorgeStergios, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows DVD Player FUBAR

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

In order to assist you better could you please confirm whether you're using the Windows 10 DVD player App or Windows Media Player (DVD).

I suggest you to update the drivers from the Device Manager and see if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the DVD/CD ROM Drives.
    • Right-click on the mentioned drive and click on Properties.
    • Go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 17, 2021
  3. DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 17, 2021
  4. windows dvd player on more than one device

DVD player

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Your title suggests issue with DVD Player and body of the message you've mentioned about Media Player. I would require more information to assist you better:

• What is the exact issue are you facing?
    • Are you facing issue with Media Player or DVD Player?
    I would like to inform you that Media player is in-built and it should present in Windows 10. If you're facing issue with DVD Player, I would suggest you to go through the following link and see if that helps:

DVD playback options for Windows

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

windows dvd player on more than one device

1. windows dvd player on more than one device - Similar Threads - dvd player more

2. windows media player not ripping more than one cd on a HP PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player not ripping more than one cd on a HP PC: I am trying to rip several cd into the window media player on my new computer. I can rip ONE cd on to the computer but is all I can do. I haven't changed any of the settings on the music player but can't seem to rip another cd on the computer. Isra Ameoola suggested me to use...
  3. windows media player not ripping more than one cd on a HP PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows media player not ripping more than one cd on a HP PC: I am trying to rip several cd into the window media player on my new computer. I can rip ONE cd on to the computer but is all I can do. I haven't changed any of the settings on the music player but can't seem to rip another cd on the computer. Isra Ameoola suggested me to use...
  4. windows media player not ripping more than one cd on a HP PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?: Hi there,I have three devices that are logged in under my Microsoft account.However, I want to ensure that the files on one device are not syncing to the other two - I need all three to be independent of each other in this regard.How does one ensure this? Is it simply a...
  6. More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver: This is an ongoing, intermittent issue with Windows 10. I consistently get two keyboard device drivers. It does no good to uninstall one or the other as the 2nd one eventually reappears. I'm using the keyboard on my laptop and that's the only keyboard I use/only keyboard...
  7. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  8. 365 Family on more than one device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    365 Family on more than one device.: I have the full suite on my laptop and now need to install it on my daughter's laptop. Do I just login from her laptop and download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/365-family-on-more-than-one-device/8b08dee3-dea4-437d-8eb1-f9cdc2a3f806
  9. Display Product key for more than one device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Display Product key for more than one device: I need to display my product key on my machine to verify what I have written down is correct. Every where I look on the net it assumes that I only have one computer and one copy of windows. I have 6 computers one for each family member and I dont know which product key goes...
  10. Would like more than one login on a single device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Would like more than one login on a single device: I have a dual-boot of 2 different builds of Windows 10 on a single device (a laptop computer). I would like to have both of these boots to be my Microsoft account so I can synchronize between them. But when I try to convert my second one from a local account to my Microsoft...