Windows 10: Windows DVD Player shuts down immediately

Discus and support Windows DVD Player shuts down immediately in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I start the Windows 10 DVD player it opens then shuts down in a few seconds. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 79603 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mobile1, Mar 17, 2017.

1. mobile1 Win User

Windows DVD Player shuts down immediately

When I start the Windows 10 DVD player it opens then shuts down in a few seconds.

How can I fix this?

Thank you for your help.

:)

mobile1, Mar 17, 2017

2. Windows DVD Player app doesn't work after recent updates

My windows DVD player now just starts up, then immediately disappears and shuts off!

susantowle, Mar 17, 2017
  3. updates on 3/16/17

Microsoft updated on 3/16/17. They installed Microsoft Silverlight and Office.

Since then powerpoint shuts down every time I record or insert media.

Media Player shuts down immediately when trying to play a dvd.

I followed every fix I could find online and was able to get powerpoint to allow media to be inserted, but still not able to record in powerpoint.

Fixes I tried:

Deleted office.

Deleted Silverlight.

Installed office from old disk.

Updated drivers for display adapters.

Uninstalled and reinstalled AMD Radeon.

Updated dirvers for disk drives.

Rebooted about 10 times.

Installed several other DVD player apps from the windows store, but none work.

Installed:

VCL

Driver Navigator

FLV

Cyberlink

CnX

Followed youtube instructions to type "EnableDVDUI" in microsoft.

NOW WHAT?

DVD player still shuts down and Powerpoint still shuts down when recording.

TeresaFoster777, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

This may be the known bug for some systems after installing 'Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB4013429)'. If you have this update, uninstall the update and DVD Player will work again.
    Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates.

I had to uninstall it to get my DVD Player to work, see here for more details..
    Cumulative Update KB4013429 and KB4013418 Windows 10 Build 14393.953

5. mobile1 Win User
    I will not uninstall all of the updates.

mobile1, Mar 17, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Then I'm afraid you will have to wait for Microsoft to fix the bug (hopefully) in next month's update. Going back from Build 14393.953 to the previous 14393.693 will make the DVD Player work again.

Update: @mobile1, Microsoft have today acknowledged the problem and say they are working on a fix. See...
    Cumulative Update KB4013429 and KB4013418 Windows 10 Build 14393.953

7. clam1952 Win User
    Meanwhile you could always use VLC for playing DVD's, that still works.

clam1952, Mar 17, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Yep, been using it for several minutes now.

Berton, Mar 17, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows DVD Player shuts down immediately - Similar Threads - DVD Player shuts

2. Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately: Windows 10.All was working fine but now the Microsoft store is not opening or opens and shuts down immediately.I tried all the suggestions, more than once, such as :-1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter 2. Change Your Date and Time Settings 3. Disable Your Proxy 4. Clear...
  3. Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately: Windows 10.All was working fine but now the Microsoft store is not opening or opens and shuts down immediately.I tried all the suggestions, more than once, such as :-1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter 2. Change Your Date and Time Settings 3. Disable Your Proxy 4. Clear...
  4. Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down: I've been having this issue for a while now, so I don't really remember what is the start of it. But whenever I turn off or put my computer in sleep mode, it turns right back on. I've actually just got done doing a complete system reset on my pc, but still having the same...
  5. Windows Word document shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Word document shuts down immediately: When i open a Word Document a window appears asking for Repair. Once I click on Repair it shuts down the document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-word-document-shuts-down-immediately/2222cf3e-7022-4525-8c41-fc7e31ef70ab
  6. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  7. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  8. laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down: This happened to me for the first time earlier today. I clicked 'shut down' on my HP laptop, the screen did the usual thing and went black, but then just a few seconds later the screen lit up with the 'welcome' page. Did the same thing several times and then I had to leave...
  9. Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately: Trying to fix a 'memory management error' on Win10 I'm told to run scannow. So I try to run PowerShell. It flickers into life and then immediately disappears. I try to find it in the search bar and find I can't type into the search field ! ? 125234
  10. MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening: Hi, Upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10 ok and all worked ok for a few days. Tried Edge and was quite impressed with speed and performance until a few days later it stopped working. When you open Edge the program starts but then immediately shuts down. Chrome and IE are both ok....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dvd player shutting down