Windows 10: Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message

Discus and support Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to watch DVDs on my laptop, which we have had for several years. Recently, when I insert a DVD, a message comes up saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roooo123, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Roooo123 Win User

Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message

Hi,

I have been trying to watch DVDs on my laptop, which we have had for several years. Recently, when I insert a DVD, a message comes up saying that 'Something went wrong at our end.'

How do I overcome this, in order to watch DVDs?

Many thanks.

:)

Roooo123, Aug 16, 2018

2. DVD player

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Your title suggests issue with DVD Player and body of the message you've mentioned about Media Player. I would require more information to assist you better:

• What is the exact issue are you facing?
    • Are you facing issue with Media Player or DVD Player?
    I would like to inform you that Media player is in-built and it should present in Windows 10. If you're facing issue with DVD Player, I would suggest you to go through the following link and see if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/dvd-playback-help

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 16, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message

Windows DVD Player

Hi Kathyswa,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Where did you purchase Windows DVD Player?
    • Are you getting any error messages when installing Windows DVD Player? Kindly provide us the exact error message.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you install Windows DVD Player in clean boot. A
    clean boot
    will help eliminates software conflicts that occur when you install a program, update, or when you run a program in Windows 10. For instructions, you may refer to this
    link.

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to normal startup mode.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message

1. Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message - Similar Threads - DVD Player something

2. Microsoft store stuck at "Starting download..." or "Something went wrong on our end." when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store stuck at "Starting download..." or "Something went wrong on our end." when...: Hi,Today I wanted to download a program for games from Microsoft Store. When I was downloading the program; it would be stuck on "Starting download..." Tried restarting my PC; but Microsoft Store would say "Something went wrong on our end." or something along those lines. Is...
  3. Microsoft store stuck at "Starting download..." or "Something went wrong on our end." when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store stuck at "Starting download..." or "Something went wrong on our end." when...: Hi,Today I wanted to download a program for games from Microsoft Store. When I was downloading the program; it would be stuck on "Starting download..." Tried restarting my PC; but Microsoft Store would say "Something went wrong on our end." or something along those lines. Is...
  4. Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end: Hi,about ten days ago I reinstalled my PC and installed a new GPU. I formatted all hard drives and made a clean install. MS Store worked the first days when I downloaded the weater app. Now when I try to install the 3D Builder I get the error message you can see above. I also...
  5. "Something wrong on our end when logging in to windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something wrong on our end when logging in to windows": bought an laptop with windows 10 home, then i upgrade into windows 11, this past few weeks when i try to enter my pin or using fingerprint there is a message "something wrong on our end". this keep happen over and over.i don't know what the problem was, i think it's windows...
  6. "Something wrong on our end when logging in to windows"

"Something wrong on our end when logging in to windows": bought an laptop with windows 10 home, then i upgrade into windows 11, this past few weeks when i try to enter my pin or using fingerprint there is a message "something wrong on our end". this keep happen over and over.i don't know what the problem was, i think it's windows...
  7. Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again": After installing the updates for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems, this message "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again" appears every time I try to login using fingerprint on my Huawei Matebook 13. Have since tried checking the updates for biometric...
  8. "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." version 2004: After upgrading to version 2004, and restarting this message comes up on the first screen with the background. It is a flashing message, and continues in a smaller version when I hit enter to put in my passcode. Then runs fine as far as I can tell. Jpg and 1 second mp4 in...
  9. Please try again, something went wrong on our end

Please try again, something went wrong on our end: So I bought Minecraft Dungeons the day it came out and tried to install it to no avail. I keep getting the same error message. At first it would actually try to install but then just stop half way and not let me continue it. It's only a couple GB but it would sit there...
  10. Microsoft Story error "Try Again Later. Something went wrong on our end."

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Story error "Try Again Later. Something went wrong on our end.": As of 4/15/2020 I have not been able to install Minecraft for Windows from my store library. Win I click on install I see the error "Try Again Later. Something went wrong on our end." I have verified that Windows updates have been installed. I have disabled my antivirus...