Windows 10: Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen

Discus and support Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have been starting the DVD to watch movies and it starts off with the black screen and it's not working properly and is there a way to fix it?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JonathanMcEvoy_830, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen

I have been starting the DVD to watch movies and it starts off with the black screen and it's not working properly and is there a way to fix it? Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen bf0fed20-6a6c-42d6-9bc2-ab044ef1e7f2?upload=true.png

:)

JonathanMcEvoy_830, Oct 9, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Oct 9, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen

windows dvd player not working

Hi,

Your local programs on the computer shouldn't be affected by the issue that you were informed about unless changes on the system or updates affected them. To understand this better and resolve the problem, please answer some things:

• Did the problem start after installing updates on the computer?
    • Do you get any errors when using Windows DVD Player?

Let's see if the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter will be able to detect any issues with the program. Windows troubleshooters are designed to automatically fix the errors they find on your computer. Follow these steps to run the tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Windows Media Player DVD and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if you're able to resolve the problem after trying the suggestion.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen

1. Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen - Similar Threads - DVD Player Starts

2. Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD Player: I bought a copy Windows DVD Player a few weeks ago. I had to reset my laptop to factory. How do I download it back on this same laptop? I shouldn't have to pay again. Thanks....
  3. Windows dvd player

Windows dvd player: A few days ago I bought Windows DVD Player. On my back statement, it shows: recurring payment? What does this mean? I paid for it, am I going to get charged again for this product that I have already paid for? If so, why?...
  4. Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player

Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player: How do I turn off the damned subtitles in Windows DVD player? It is this one--- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10771/windows-dvd-playback-options ---which is recommended at support.microsoft.com. If a DVD has subtitles, they are on by default. If I try to turn...
  5. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I purchased Windows DVD player app for windows 10. It does not appear as a tile box and does not appear in the Start menu list does not autoplay and start when i insert a dvd...
  6. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: Eu comprei meu PC e nele já continham o DVD Player (Sistema era 8.1) mas depois de atualizar para a versão 10 de aniversário, ele sumiu. O que faço agora? Não vou pagar por algo que eu já comprei....
  7. Windows dvd player

Windows dvd player: I purchased the Microsoft DVD player, and on it shows up in the correct place and says I own it, but when I click install, nothing happens. The first time I tried, it appeared to be trying to download. I waited a few days thinking it was a glitch, but when I tried this...
  8. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  9. windows DVD player

windows DVD player: I have bought this app in the App Store but all that appears on my screen is an unhelpful message saying that "We're attempting" to download it but with no explanation of why it is failing to download. If it won't download, how o I get my money back?...
  10. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with Windows DVD Player. Windows DVD Player is an add on App for a fee. If you upgrade, Microsoft will give you a free copy of...