Windows 10: Windows DVD Player

Discus and support Windows DVD Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by derekellis81, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Windows DVD Player

I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10.

I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with Windows DVD Player.

Windows DVD Player is an add on App for a fee. If you upgrade, Microsoft will give you a free copy of Windows DVD Player.

I did a clean installation (after the upgrade) and now my system wont read DVD's. I think that somehow my "free" copy of Windows DVD player is missing.

Anyone know how to resolve this? If I get my free upgrade, I better be able to also get my free Windows DVD Player too.

:)

derekellis81, Aug 22, 2015

2. The Windows 10 DVD Player won't work.

You are right. The thread is about the Windows DVD player not working.

So, what solution has been provided that seems to clear up everyone's struggles with it since August 4th?

Don't see any proposed solutions to making Windows DVD player work marked as "Helpful". Just responses saying the proposed solutions don't work.

Those trying to get WIndows DVD player to work apparently don't have an alternate DVD player that they purchased, otherwise they wouldn't care that the Windows DVD player doesn't work. Ergo, they only care about the Windows DVD player because it's free
    with Windows 10. So, finding another free DVD player (VLC) is a solution to the free Windows DVD player not working.

You have issues with the VLC player. If the choice is a free DVD player that doesn't have all the features you want, and a free DVD player doesn't work at all, then I would opt for the free DVD player that can't do all that I want. At least I can play
    my DVDs for free.

Musimatician, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows DVD Player

Ztruker, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    I got the free DVD Player about a week after doing the Upgrade of Win10 Home over Win7 w/SP1 Home Premium. I think the clean install wiped out any knowledge of the updates and you may get it back later on after doing the updates again. I haven't done the Free Upgrade on my Win8.1 with WMC yet, may wait awhile.

Berton, Aug 22, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    In all of it's 'basic-ness', still a handy App, much more so, as I have my large screen TV hooked up to the PC, and it doesn't screw up the resolution.
    Watching my 'treasured' Supertramp Live in Paris '79 DVD

Windows DVD Player [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows DVD Player

1. Windows DVD Player - Similar Threads - DVD Player

2. Windows DVD-Player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows DVD-Player: I bought Windows DVD-Player and I am able to hear the sound of my DVD but I cannot see the movie. The Player only shows a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-player/66473d8d-a94c-4558-a09e-bcbb47b8437d
  3. loaded Windows DVD Player - when I launch my screen displays "LOADING" and does nothing but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    loaded Windows DVD Player - when I launch my screen displays "LOADING" and does nothing but...: just purchased "Windows Media Player". Insert CD and select to run. Screen appears with the message "LOADING". Nothing happen so I cancel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loaded-windows-dvd-player-when-i-launch-my-screen/78df2724-f2d6-4801-b9a4-2e2d7f6eb30e
  4. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  5. WHERE IS THE CD DVD PLAYER ON MY NEW DELL INSPIRON 24 5000 ALL IN ONE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHERE IS THE CD DVD PLAYER ON MY NEW DELL INSPIRON 24 5000 ALL IN ONE: I CANT FIND A CD INSERT ON MY NEW AL IN ONE DELL DESKTOP COMPUTER. HOW DO YOU OPEN IT? WHERE IS IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-cd-dvd-player-on-my-new-dell-inspiron/e1fcfd25-fbbb-47bc-8f10-51bc76c5d14c
  6. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I just purchased the Windows DVD Player App. The audio is fine, but the video has a really bad frame rate. The frames are jumpy like a slideshow instead of a motion picture. I have used the optical drive before on another computer with another DVD App, and it worked fine. My...
  7. dvd player running but not displaying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd player running but not displaying: I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and dvd player appears to be runining but not displaing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-running-but-not-displaying/f6cb0897-a6e3-4e5b-9938-fc4e755d1f46
  8. dvd player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd player: can't get my discs to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/7f67ca29-a00b-4be3-922c-01669590c204
  9. How to refund Windows DVD Player

How to refund Windows DVD Player: I just purchased Windows DVD Player today, but found it entirely unsatisfactory - subtitles don't work, menus are buggy, and there is a lot of screen tearing and flickering. I have since tried a couple of free apps and have encountered no such issues. I want to refund the...
  10. Microsoft DVD player blocks W/10 Memory Integrity from being activated

Microsoft DVD player blocks W/10 Memory Integrity from being activated: A driver in the Microsoft DVD player I paid for is preventing activation of Memory Integrity, even when the DVD player is disabled. The driver in question is PxHelp64 version 3.0.83.0 This is a driver from Sonic Solutions. The larger program is apparently PxHlpa64.sys. There...