Windows 10: Windows DWM and multi hertz issue

Discus and support Windows DWM and multi hertz issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Has this seriously not been fixed yet? https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/ "It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MajorFoley, Oct 20, 2018.

1. MajorFoley Win User

Windows DWM and multi hertz issue

Has this seriously not been fixed yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/

"It's because of windows desktop manager. It always runs in vsync. On windows 7 you could disable the visual themes and with it the vsync lock. That was the only way to get around the issue. Now on windows 10, the only way to fix it is by running all your monitors on the same refresh rate. Even if you run one at 120hz and the other at 60hz the issue exists, "

And unfortunately going back to windows 7 isn't much of an option on Ryzen unless i go through alot of crap.

So can we please FINALLY get an answer on when this is getting fixed?

:)

MajorFoley, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Sangeeta Sarkar Win User
    Increasing Screen hertz automatically reduces resolution

Hi Abd,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

By default the hertz in Windows 10 is 60.
    I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers.
      • Right click on the Display drivers and select
        Properties.
      • Click on the device tab and select Update driver.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 20, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows DWM and multi hertz issue - Similar Threads - DWM multi hertz

2. Windows 10 multi screen issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 multi screen issues: I just upgraded to windows 10 pro 64 bit. During the time that I had Windows 7 I never had any issues with the multi screen set up. After the upgrade my screen positions and resolutions change after every shut down. I have to rearrange screen positions and change resolutions...
  3. having issues with multi GPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    having issues with multi GPU: I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and high performance GPU. I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no...
  4. windows 10 1803 upgrade multi-issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 1803 upgrade multi-issues: We have 1500 computers and we have upgraded a few hundred of them to 1803. Since then, we have seen random issues: Network icon shows 'no internet' but we still have full internet access. Office 365 does *not* see the internet and will not work until after we have tried...
  5. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...
  6. Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues: Hello All, I have a Laptop Dell Latitude E7450 connected to my external monitor Dell P2314H via HDMI adaptor + VGA Cable, which is configured as "extended display". Although my Laptop is 14'' and my external monitor is 23'' they have the same max resolution: 1920 x 1080....
  7. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue: So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue...
  8. Bootloader issues with multi-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader issues with multi-boot: I'm trying to dual-boot Win 10 (64-bit) and WinXP (32-bit). If I try to go to WinXP, the entire system just restarts, then restarts once more when I get back into the bootloader. I tried using Dual Boot Repair, but all it did was add a redundant item to my bootloader menu....
  9. Multi Boot system Easy BCD issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multi Boot system Easy BCD issue: Ok so here's what has happened. I have a multi boot system. Windows 10 on my M2 hard drive. Then on another SSD I have Windows 10 Creators addition that I use to test updates . Then 1 more SSD that has Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. All were booting fine using Easy BCD until I...
  10. Multi-Display Issues with opening programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-Display Issues with opening programs: I have absolutely no idea how to explain this any simpler but here goes nothing. I have a two monitor setup with my primary monitor used strictly for gaming or music production. On my secondary monitor I like to do everything else such as web browsing, graphic design, etc....