Windows 10: windows dwm

Discus and support windows dwm in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dwm/eb8ca886-88f6-4386-be74-211450a060df Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christophe Yorkshire, Dec 19, 2018.

1. windows dwm

What is this?

:)

Christophe Yorkshire, Dec 19, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Get better Game Performance under Vista by disabling DWM on a per-application basis!

I just came across this tip/tweak, which probably many who are familiar with Vista already know... It's about disabling the aero effect on a per-application basis, so that you get vista basic interface during gameplay (when you're not going to see it) and it switches back to aero when you exit the game.

DWM, or the Desktop Window Manager, turns the graphics card into a shared resource which allows for the Aeroglass effects and the tear-free desktop. When running normal applications, this is a good thing because it offloads the graphics work (the bulk of which was handled by the CPU in Windows XP) to the GPU, which, when running normal applications is sitting in your computer doing nothing. With Aeroglass/DWM on, the CPU is freed up for other duties as all of the desktop graphics are now handled by the GPU.

In DirectX 9 and OpenGL games however, having Aeroglass/DWM on can decrease performance. This is for a number of reasons :
    1.DWM makes the video card a shared resource. When DWM is on, programs are not allowed direct access to the video card.
    2.DWM uses both System RAM and VRAM because it maintains an offscreen buffer for every window.

Fortunately, Microsoft has provided a way to disable DWM on a per-application basis so you can still enjoy Aeroglass when not running games. To disable DWM on a per-application basis, right click on the application/game's icon and select properties. Navigate to the compatibility tab, then find and check Disable Desktop Compositing. Now, whenever you launch that program, Windows Vista will temporarily switch back to the Windows XP style graphics subsystem.

DirectX 10 games shouldn't be affected as much (if at all) by having DWM on because the DirectX 10 API is designed around having the GPU as a shared resource and is better able to handle GPU multitasking.

With a few simple steps, on most setups, you can easily make your games run as fast or faster than in Windows XP under Windows Vista.

This will work on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista.

Black Panther, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

windows dwm

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

windows dwm

1. windows dwm - Similar Threads - dwm

2. Hello I want to ask about my DWM and windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I want to ask about my DWM and windows explorer: Is it normal that the Windows Manager desktop and Windows Explorer sometimes take up between 100 - 200 MB more RAM? and sometimes DWM takes more than 300 of my RAM even...
  3. Hello I want to ask about my DWM and windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I want to ask about my DWM and windows explorer: Is it normal that the Windows Manager desktop and Windows Explorer sometimes take up between 100 - 200 MB more RAM? and sometimes DWM takes more than 300 of my RAM even...
  4. Having issues with DWM

Having issues with DWM: the major issue is DWM crashed error occurred in so many times while using the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-dwm/470b6ebc-54c1-4101-8aa8-44c56046870f
  5. Having issues with DWM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with DWM: the major issue is DWM crashed error occurred in so many times while using the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-dwm/470b6ebc-54c1-4101-8aa8-44c56046870f
  6. Are UMFD and DWM Logon Sessions Destroyed on Restart, Even if Event Viewer Doesn't Say?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are UMFD and DWM Logon Sessions Destroyed on Restart, Even if Event Viewer Doesn't Say?: usually when I log off and shut down my PC, you can look back to that time in Event Viewer Security logs and see 3 specific IDs4648, 4624, and 4634, which are all related to UMFD/font drive host and DWM/Windows Manager sessions that get created on every startup. when I shut...
  7. Are UMFD and DWM Logon Sessions Destroyed on Restart, Even if Event Viewer Doesn't Say?

Are UMFD and DWM Logon Sessions Destroyed on Restart, Even if Event Viewer Doesn't Say?: usually when I log off and shut down my PC, you can look back to that time in Event Viewer Security logs and see 3 specific IDs4648, 4624, and 4634, which are all related to UMFD/font drive host and DWM/Windows Manager sessions that get created on every startup. when I shut...
  8. Are UMFD and DWM Logon Sessions Destroyed on Restart, Even if Event Viewer Doesn't Say?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Dwm crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dwm crash: My dwm is crashing I keep getting bro brought back to the login in right away every time can’t seem to get around it what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-crash/7857facb-6917-495d-ad81-5e1c773106d9
  10. Dwm crash

Dwm crash: My dwm is crashing I keep getting bro brought back to the login in right away every time can’t seem to get around it what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-crash/7857facb-6917-495d-ad81-5e1c773106d9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows DWM