Windows 10: Windows Edge and Favorites

Discus and support Windows Edge and Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Where does Edge store favorites? Since I was unable to import them from IE I started over. I only use the Favorites Bar and have created 3 folders... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Aug 22, 2015.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Windows Edge and Favorites

Where does Edge store favorites?

Since I was unable to import them from IE I started over.
    I only use the Favorites Bar and have created 3 folders and have added some sites.
    I checked:
    C:\Users\username\Favorites\Favorites Bar
    and don't see anything there except for the Favorites Bar folder.
    When I navigate to:
    C:\Users\username\Favorites\Favorites Bar and ''Copy address as text,
    This gets pasted:
    C:\Users\James\Favorites\Links

:)

JamesJoey, Aug 22, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Microsoft Edge

At present you can't password protect bookmarks in Microsoft Edge. Perhaps someone will eventually write an extension for Microsoft Edge that does, but I think that is unlikely since it would be a royal pain in the you-know-where to have to enter a password
    each time someone wants to use a bookmark.

If you want, you can backup your Favorites. This will allow you to restore your Favorites to the way they were. From a web search:

How to Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

How To Backup Or Export Edge Favorites In Windows 10

How to: Backup Favorites of your Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10

BulldogXX, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Tony CQR Win User
    Windows Edge

why doesn't the Favorites listed in Microsoft Edge sync with Favorites in Windows Explorer (C:\users\%username%\Favorites)

Given that Favorites on IE11 sync with Windows Explorer, it appears as a very retrograde step in MS Edge as it is making the Favorites in Windows Explorer useless unless you make entries into both Favorites folders. Any reason for this - what appears to
    be a major glitch in Windows 10

Tony CQR, Aug 22, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Have you tried clicking the star and clicking Import Favourites, at the next window clicking Import. Make sure IE box is ticked.

Windows Edge and Favorites [​IMG]

Windows Edge and Favorites [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 22, 2015
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    Yes. It said 'Done' but my IE favorites aren't there.

So, I'm just wondering where Edge stores the favorites I created within Edge.

JamesJoey, Aug 22, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
  7. pmai Win User
    Here:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\ User\Default\Favorites

8. JamesJoey Win User

That's a long one!!

With IE I moved the location of my Favorites so I can back them up like all my other data.
    So, apparently I need to navigate all that way in order to back them up.
    Oh well.
    I guess I could pin it to Quick Access

James

JamesJoey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Edge and Favorites - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites

2. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  3. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  4. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  6. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  7. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

8. After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?: Last night, i updated Microsoft Edge to the latest version Version 117.0.2045.31, but then upon restarting, the Tab Bar and Favorites Bar became much bigger? Is there a way to adjust it?...
  9. After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?

After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?: Last night, i updated Microsoft Edge to the latest version Version 117.0.2045.31, but then upon restarting, the Tab Bar and Favorites Bar became much bigger? Is there a way to adjust it?...
  10. How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?: I'm relatively new to Group Policy, but I do have a pretty good handle on it. Right now I am troubleshooting the Microsoft Edge Favorites policy against a single test user account I've created in our domain. I believe all of the settings are in place, but when I check Edge...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c: users yourusername favorites

2. quick access c \users\margaret\appdata\local\packages\microsoft.microsoftedge-8wekyb38bbwe\ac\microsoftedge\user\default