Windows 10: Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

Discus and support Windows edge forced on us in the new update? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Etetherin, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Etetherin Win User

Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

(time line is loose!)

about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it.

Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is faded out.

I did some googling around and Microsoft website says this: "Microsoft Edge is the web browser recommended by Microsoft and is the default web browser for Windows. Because Windows supports applications that rely on the web platform, our default web browser is an essential component of our operating system and cant be uninstalled."

This is actually absurd! Like edge has never been on my windows 10 pc for like so long and im just having to keep it now?!

:)

Etetherin, Nov 15, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 15, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, forced install? Not really. It sounds as if it was simply delivered as part of a Windows Update you received. It's just one example of apps provided by MS, who have the right to keep changing the specification (albeit giving rise to new problems!)

How to remove the new Microsoft Edge if uninstallation is blocked - gHacks Tech News
    - explains that it may be delivered with Windows Updates as part of the product.
    I.e. if you remove it, you may well get it back with a subsequent update, and certainly with any upgrade.

That article also suggests a way to remove it.

But you then have to ask yourself, given the above, does that achieve anything?

Perhaps there is a way.

This tutorial (have you looked at the Tutorial section? Lots of helpful things there...) gives a way to stop the new Edge browser being installed:
    Disable Installation of Microsoft Edge by Windows Update in Windows 10

Just consider it as yet another app provided with the O/S. For example, Speech Recognition is provided. If you don't want it, why haven't you tried to remove it? Or how about some of the apps now provided with Win 10- like, say, Microsoft Whiteboard. I bet you don't use it- has it ever bothered you it's there?

The same goes for IE - you probably don't use that, but it's there.

I suggest- just leave these things alone. If you don't use them, fine- just ignore them. They just take up some disk space. You can set your own default browser for your own use.

dalchina, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

After the new Microsoft Edge was forced on me,

Microsoft forced the new Edge on me. My Dell3052 has the blue screen of death, randomly turns on, boot loops after a power cycle etc.. What would be my next step be other than tossing it.

stranger2912, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows edge forced on us in the new update? - Similar Threads - edge forced update

2. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows edge forced on us in the new update?: (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is...
  3. STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10: STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL...
  4. New Edge being forced in update

New Edge being forced in update: Please don't do this to me. Please, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't take my favorite browser from me! Don't force me to use crappy Chromium! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-being-forced-in-update/4d5bda23-9b7f-4818-a707-0fa6f1668426
  5. After the new Microsoft Edge was forced on me,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After the new Microsoft Edge was forced on me,: Microsoft forced the new Edge on me. My Dell3052 has the blue screen of death, randomly turns on, boot loops after a power cycle etc.. What would be my next step be other than tossing it....
  6. How can Microsoft be allowed to FORCE software Edge on us with updates?

in Cortana
    How can Microsoft be allowed to FORCE software Edge on us with updates?: Today my laptop upgraded the mandatory Microsoft windows 10 software. Without my permission, they arrogantly loaded their new Edge software. I loathe Edge and Bing, and do not use them. Instead of allowing me to make the decision for myself, they now FORCE the software onto...
  7. Forcedly installed edge

Forcedly installed edge: Today I wanted to shut down my laptop, but I couldn't without updating windows, so I did. I updated windows. And when I turned it on I had an Edge shortcut on my desktop, and another one in the taskbar with no way to undo or uninstall this bullsht. Thisas many many many...
  8. The New Edge not in Windows Update

in Browsers and Email
    The New Edge not in Windows Update: When will the new Edge be available through windows update? I am getting all other updates but Edge. Using Win 10 Pro 1909. 151839
  9. Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us

Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us: Always, while right in the middle of trying to get something done, and for whatever reason need to reboot. Sure enough, there's Windows telling me it's going update. Who knows how long that will take and what kind of problems it will cause. Thanks a bunch, Microsoft. It makes...
  10. Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab: I had to bite the bullet and finally leave IE 11 and go with Edge (for a number of reasons). It seems to be much better than when I tried the switch about 2 years ago initially. My question: Is there any way to force EDGE to open any clicked hyperlinks to open in a...