Windows 10: Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem

Discus and support Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kay143, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Kay143 Win User

Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem

I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use Edge. I've set Chrome as my default browser. But, I still have to sign in...and I get notifications that I have signed in from a new browser. Please advise. Thanks!

:)

Kay143, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Kay143 Win User

Hi William! Thanks for responding. I had already checked this and I don't have cookies set to delete when I sign off. I've been using Windows 10 since it was released (this Toshiba laptop came with Windows 7 and I did the upgrade). I've always used Chrome.
    I've never had to sign into Chrome or Facebook, Twitter, etc, etc until this update about a week ago. It's driving me crazy. I've set Chrome as my default browser and unchecked Edge in the list of Start Up apps. Any other suggestions? Thanks so much!

Kay143, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes
    June 2020 Security Updates
    Release Date: June 09, 2020

The June security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) in IE Mode
    • Microsoft ChakraCore
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Windows Defender
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    • Visual Studio
    • Azure DevOps
    • HoloLens
    • Adobe Flash Player
    • Microsoft Apps for Android
    • Windows App Store
    • System Center
    • Android App
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options. Note that Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. They will
      also share the same security update KBs.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for
      more information.
    The following CVEs have FAQs, Mitigations and Workarounds with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete
    list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20200609.
    For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of
    Windows are in the left pane).

KB Article Applies To
    4560960 Windows 10, version 1903, Windows Server version 1903, Windows 10, version 1909, Windows Server version 1909
    4561608 Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows Server 2019
    4561616 Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016
    4561643 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4561645 Windows Server 2008 (Security-only update)
    4561669 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)
    4561670 Windows Server 2008 (Monthly Rollup)

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Kay143 Win User

I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use Edge. I've set Chrome as my default browser. But, I still have to sign in...and I get notifications that
    I have signed in from a new browser. Please advise. Thanks!

Kay143, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem - Similar Threads - Edge update June

2. Problem with update KB5014699 dated June 14, 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with update KB5014699 dated June 14, 2020: Hi, I would like to report a failure with an update that I received. The update is KB5014699 dated June 14, 2022. And the problem is that when I connect a device to the Mobile Wireless Hotspot, to share internet from my computer. And then I go to some page on my computer with...
  3. Problem with update KB5014699 dated June 14, 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with update KB5014699 dated June 14, 2020: Hi, I would like to report a failure with an update that I received. The update is KB5014699 dated June 14, 2022. And the problem is that when I connect a device to the Mobile Wireless Hotspot, to share internet from my computer. And then I go to some page on my computer with...
  4. Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS

Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS: Hello, PLEASE HELP!!! I was working away on my computer and got notified I needed to reboot for an update. I did so, but once it finished, my monitor display isn't right. It is all stretched out and huge font, and I can't find an adjustment to get it back. AS WELL, my...
  5. June 2020 update

June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  6. June 2020 update to Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    June 2020 update to Sudoku: Is there any way to remove just the update to Microsoft Sudoku June 2020? I loved the game prior to the update, I'm no longer interested due to the new version. Thank you....
  7. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: My printer Brother MFC J220 stopped functioning after the June Windows Update. I thought it was because it was an older model as I have had it for several years. I tried uninstalling it, but the printer icon was no longer there all that was there was a small square. I tried...
  8. Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites

Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites: My PC has just been updated with the new version of Edge and all of my Favorites have disappeared. How can I restore the Favorites that were available in Edge before this update?...
  9. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: Hi! I just noticed a few system issues with my laptop after the June 2020 update. First, after turning on the computer and loading the browser, a lot of "+++" symbols appear on the search bar. This does not apply to the browser alone but to any empty search bar e.g. start...
  10. Edge?2020 June???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge?2020 June???: Really? Microsoft?... You literally forced the app on Windows 10 users?....I'm talking about EDGE..... No way to uninstall...Had to use antivirus program to sandbox it... cause it keeps on accessing the web... **** you Microsoft....I paid for your OS... don;t force apps...