Windows 10: Windows Edge Updated Lost all Favorites Data

Discus and support Windows Edge Updated Lost all Favorites Data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Edge was updated May 21, 2020 and all of my favorites data and bookmarks were lost. I can import from IE but I updated to Windows 10 and Edge a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonHall4, May 22, 2020.

1. DonHall4 Win User

Windows Edge Updated Lost all Favorites Data

Edge was updated May 21, 2020 and all of my favorites data and bookmarks were lost. I can import from IE but I updated to Windows 10 and Edge a couple years ago so that is not the correct information. Where is the Edge information from this morning?

:)

DonHall4, May 22, 2020

2. Lost Favorites after upgrade

Hi,

It's really odd that your favorites in Edge disappeared after an update occurred, when all it has to do is to enhance the performance of your computer. However, we suggest that you check if it's still in the favorites folder on your computer. Follow these
    steps to locate the favorites folder:

• Press the Windows icon + R on your keyboard, then type in "AppData".
    • Once done, navigate to this location, "Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\Favorites".
    • If your favorites are still on the folder, import it to your Edge browser.

Here's the link on how to
    import favorites in Microsoft Edge. On the drop down, choose "Import from a file".

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 22, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Lost edge favorites after yesterday's Win 10 update

Hi Margot,

To recover your Favorites in Microsoft Edge, you may refer to Vanessa Sohtun's post
    here. As for your second concern, we suggest checking if your System Restore is
    enabled because if System Restore is turned off, all your points get deleted. To check if System Restore is turned on, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Search/Cortana.
    • Type Create a restore point and then press Enter.
    • Check if the system protection is turned on or off.

Any update is much appreciated.

Paola Gar, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows Edge Updated Lost all Favorites Data

Lost Favorites

Hi Birchard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you have lost your favorites.

I would like to know some information.

• Are you using Internet explorer or Microsoft edge?

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-missing-favorites-in-file-explorer

You may also refer to the steps.

1. Open the backed up
    Favorites folder from Option

One and copy all contents.

2. Browse to and open your
    %UserProfile%\Favorites folder, and paste all contents from inside the
    Favorites folder from step 1.

3. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

4. Open the
    Microsoft Edge
    app.

5. Click/tap on the
    More actions button at the top right corner, and click/tap on
    Settings.

6. Click/tap on the
    Import favorites from another browser link.

7. Select (check) Internet Explorer, and click/tap on
    Import.

8. Your
    favorites and favorites bar
    are now restored in Microsoft Edge.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Edge Updated Lost all Favorites Data

1. Windows Edge Updated Lost all Favorites Data - Similar Threads - Edge Updated Lost

2. All Data Lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Data Lost: I, like many others lost all my files and data during a Windows update. Even after spending money on file recovery software, I am still screwed. Why does microsoft not provide some type of progam to recover this data since their updates cause the issues?...
  3. edge update . I lost all my favorites from IE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge update . I lost all my favorites from IE: When I logged on today my system updated to edge and I lost ALL my favorites on IE , I never used edge or Bing. I used google as my search engine and I fumbled around trying to import my favorites. Instead it imported some very old favorite bar which is of no use . I...
  4. Edge Update to Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Update to Favorites: Today I just had an update to Edge. Problem is, rather than some minor improvements it totally changed all my Favorites, and when I say changed I mean TOTALLY. It took away my Favorites bar and it seems to have totally reset EVERYTHING, forcing me to start all over again....
  5. All of my Favorites lost

in Browsers and Email
    All of my Favorites lost: For some reason within the last couple of hours I have lost all of my favourites which I use when I go on to the internet. I have looked in File Explorer and the folders are completely empty. I definitely haven't purposely deleted these from the folder but they have gone...
  6. Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites: a recent Windows update left me with no contacts in Windows live mail and no favorites in Microsoft Edge. What's up with that and is there a way to restore them? Windows 10 32 bit always latest update! 144388
  7. Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites: a recent Windows update left me with no contacts in Windows live mail and no favorites in Microsoft Edge. What's up with that and is there a way to restore them? Windows 10 32 bit always latest update! 144388
  8. Edge lost favorites and home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge lost favorites and home page: Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not...
  9. Lost favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites in Edge: With the last update for win 10 I lost most of my favorites. I created a new folder in favorites but cannot find it on my PC. Where is it stored? Thank you. 32075
  10. Updates and Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates and Lost Favorites: I did not search every thread, if there is an answer, point me in the right direction. This has happened more than once. Auto-Update takes place, luckily Windows 10 works as normal. EXCEPT, I lose ALL Favorites. I am forced to "Import" AGAIN, losing all new...