Windows 10: Windows Effing 10

Discus and support Windows Effing 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, so I initially installed Windows 7 x64 a couple of years ago in my then new comp and had been perfectly happy with it; but I got the bright idea of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keaweone K., Jul 23, 2018.

1. Windows Effing 10

Ok, so I initially installed Windows 7 x64 a couple of years ago in my then new comp and had been perfectly happy with it; but I got the bright idea of dual booting Windows 10 to try it out. So I downloaded Win 10 media creation files onto my flash drive, only when I went to install the OS it gave me no option as to where I wanted to install it and installed itself right over my Win 7. This was May 15th of this year. (I found out I was the cause since I did the install while in Windows instead of in the BIOS) :'(

So this morning Win 10 was giving me $hit about needing permissions from myself (I was logged in as an Administrator and the specifically named user I had given Full Access to) in order to delete an unwanted folder and I'd had enough. I contacted MS Support who advised me to re-download the media creation files for Win 10 to my flash drive (I had deleted them after the install) since I had my original Win 7 install disc, and walked me through the steps to create dual boot.

Well, first I tried to extend an unallocated volume to an unallocated volume to get a bigger space for Win 7 since I only have about 24.5GB available, but there's a Recovery space inbetween so I have no option to extend. So I tried to install it to the smallish space, but received a message saying Win 7 could not install to an EFI (?) partition and could only install to a GPT partition. But AFAIK Win 10 has an MBR? And I know you can convert GPT to MBR or vice-a-versa, but I am having NO luck with either installing Win 7 or formatting my drive so that I can install Win 7..

So then I inserted my flash drive w/the Win 10 media, reboot, choose boot order, go to command prompt in an attempt to format since Win 7 is unable to install over Win 10 and I get a message in the CMD prompt window that there are not enough memory resources to carry out this command. I'm not sure what memory it's talking about since the flash drive has a 32GB capacity and I have 16GB of RAM.. Now, I know Win 7 *wants* about 33GB and most people I have talked to generally advise allowing 40GB for install, but I know Win 7 will fit on my 32GB flash drive with 14GB to spare!

I apologize for the title, but I'm about to toss my 850 EVO in the trash. :\ I wasn't really sure where to post this, but Install (and Upgrade) seemed a good choice.

:)

Keaweone K., Jul 23, 2018

2. Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Effing 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Effing 10

1. Windows Effing 10 - Similar Threads - Effing

2. When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...: HP Allinone Win 10 22H2 STANDARD USERWhen I use EFS encryption, the lock symbol appears on the files but I don't get the predicted notice about backing up the EFS encryption Certificate and key or a system tray icon for that. certmgr.msc doesn't show an EFS certificate. How...
  3. When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...: HP Allinone Win 10 22H2 STANDARD USERWhen I use EFS encryption, the lock symbol appears on the files but I don't get the predicted notice about backing up the EFS encryption Certificate and key or a system tray icon for that. certmgr.msc doesn't show an EFS certificate. How...
  4. When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef: I've been having weird BSOD's over the past few weeks, been trying to troubleshoot on my own but clearly too stupid to understand the walls of text that are dump files, and lacking technical knowhow to do anything with what little I can figure out.I have 3 drives total, C...
  6. Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef

Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef: I've been having weird BSOD's over the past few weeks, been trying to troubleshoot on my own but clearly too stupid to understand the walls of text that are dump files, and lacking technical knowhow to do anything with what little I can figure out.I have 3 drives total, C...
  7. How to decrypt my EFS-encypted files stored on an external drive once my old windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to decrypt my EFS-encypted files stored on an external drive once my old windows...: Dear Community,I'm turning to you for help. Unfortunately I seem to have encrypted my personal data including all my PhD works on my laptop's previous Windows 10 installation. After re-installing windows, I can’t access that folder any longer. It’s not Bitlocker encrypted,...
  8. How to decrypt my EFS-encypted files stored on an external drive once my old windows...

How to decrypt my EFS-encypted files stored on an external drive once my old windows...: Dear Community,I'm turning to you for help. Unfortunately I seem to have encrypted my personal data including all my PhD works on my laptop's previous Windows 10 installation. After re-installing windows, I can’t access that folder any longer. It’s not Bitlocker encrypted,...
  9. How to decrypt my EFS-encypted files stored on an external drive once my old windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Traffic DSCP EF Set by Application - Default Behavior in Windows

Traffic DSCP EF Set by Application - Default Behavior in Windows: We are experiencing better performance/quality for VoIP traffic when the VoIP Client Agent Avaya in my case set the DSCP Value to 46 EF, we don't have QoS policies in client and we are clear on the network side. Does Windows 10 without any QoS Policies prioritize packets with...