Windows 10: Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING

Discus and support Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I decided to clean install Windows 10 on my new SSD and format the old one.I used the pen-drive installer to install windows 10 on my SSD but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nikhil_889, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING

Today I decided to clean install Windows 10 on my new SSD and format the old one.I used the pen-drive installer to install windows 10 on my SSD but when I got to Disk Management to format my old HDD.I see that my SSD does not have a recovery partition OR a EFI PartitionI guess that my when I reach to the choose Operating System Screen, It just uses the EFI stored on the HDD, I have installed all my programswhich was a pain. I don't want to do it again.Is there a way by which I can create the above mentioned partitions without re-installing windows on my SSD.Thank youPS: I did not wipe my HDD

:)

Nikhil_889, Jun 24, 2021
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jun 24, 2021
  3. ddelo Win User
    Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management

Something I noticed, in the screenshots above which probably shows that the problem, although seems to be solved by the recommendation of @Kyhi, is most likely a screw-up from Microsoft.

In the two screenshots above, in the first one the EFI partition and in the second one both the EFI and Recovery partitions show as 100% free space, i.e. not used at all.
    This is not the case for both of them as they both have data written.

Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING [​IMG]

So it seems that it's not just the Recovery partition not showing in the Volume list, but a more complicated issue, which needs Microsoft's attention!

ddelo, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING

EFI partition missing

I bought a new SSD and did a clean installation of Windows 10 on the new drive, but i'm still keeping my old HDD into my laptop as a secondary drive.

After the installation worked (the laptop was working correctly) I decided to format my old HDD. After a reboot i got this message "default boot device missing, select a new boot device" but in the list there isn't any any element to choose. I booted from
    USB and checked with DISKPART from Prompt and there isn't any EFI partition in the SSD. I even tried with bootrec but it says "access denied" and the boot recovery tool isn't working either. My laptop can't boot and I can only use prompt. Can anybody help
    me?

SalvatoreCS, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING

1. Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING - Similar Threads - EFI Recovery Partition

2. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI and Recovery partition got deleted: When attempting to dual boot with Linux, my EFI boot partition and the Microsoft Reserved partition got wiped.I am currently booted into a liveuser on EndeavourOS to view my partitions in GParted. - Top unallocated is where the EFI partiton should go- /dev/sda2 are my Windows...
  3. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI and Recovery partition got deleted: When attempting to dual boot with Linux, my EFI boot partition and the Microsoft Reserved partition got wiped.I am currently booted into a liveuser on EndeavourOS to view my partitions in GParted. - Top unallocated is where the EFI partiton should go- /dev/sda2 are my Windows...
  4. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition: Hello,I've just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and formatted the HDD that had Windows 10 on it before. I just realized in Disk Management that the old HDD has the Recovery and EFI System Partitions. How would I go about adding those to the SSD instead?Thanks....
  6. Windows 10 EFI partition missing

Windows 10 EFI partition missing: I have an ASUS GL502VS which I previously had dual boot with Ubuntu. Until the last Windows update it was working fine. I tried installing the latest Windows 10 update I guess 1909 yesterday. At first it worked fine but after a restart I realized that it isn't working...
  7. Help with EFI partition recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with EFI partition recovery: I was using a disk clone program and for some reason it wiped out the EFI partition on both the source and the target, the machine cannot boot. I downloaded the ISO image, put it on a flash drive, configured BIOS to look at flash and it does not boot off of it. Any other...
  8. Help with EFI partition recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with EFI partition recovery: I was using a disk clone program and for some reason it wiped out the EFI partition on both the source and the target, the machine cannot boot. I downloaded the ISO image, put it on a flash drive, configured BIOS to look at flash and it does not boot off of it. Any other...
  9. EFI partition missing

EFI partition missing: I bought a new SSD and did a clean installation of Windows 10 on the new drive, but i'm still keeping my old HDD into my laptop as a secondary drive. After the installation worked (the laptop was working correctly) I decided to format my old HDD. After a reboot i got this...
  10. EFI and Recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI and Recovery partitions.: new hp pavilion laptop, the 2 default partitions besides C: notice they are 100% free space, they both are before C: , however posts I have been reading call for them to be after C: for rebuilding them? -EFI system partition, according to wikipedia this is: "When a...