Windows 10: WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message"

Discus and support WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Mail repeatedly displays the message "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***." How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fan Club, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Fan Club Win User

WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message"

Windows Mail repeatedly displays the message "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***."

How do I make this messages go away! I have Emailed the above address from my outlook account and answered it from my Gmail account. I don't have a problem receiving the Emails from my Gmail and never did.

:)

Fan Club, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre.
    Nothing had been changed.
    So I signed into my Ms Account to the credential section.
    The email address in the drop down list was not current. The address was changed Jan 2015 and gmail has been in use on the laptop since that date. So my choice was to click on 'nothing applies' and do the next steps.
    The sign in required an alternate email address. Fortunately I have one handy. This security routine has a 30 day wait period.
    Now I have found the tutorial 37536 illustrating deleting extra accounts but I don't think I can do this because the security section is not available for 30 days. I had no idea this control panel item was available but only the tutorial informed what could be done with this data.
    It is amazing that 1.5 yr has gone by and the old email is still in there as a credential. I suppose after 30 days I can delete the hurontel address. I found it odd that the old email address was on the drop down list for a contact. Its a dead end address.
    Now that I have made the credential 'visit' can I assume the hurontel address is gone from MS records and I can delete it in the control panel credential section and not have to sign back into the MSAccount credential section because the correct address is listed?

WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message" [​IMG]

Rose W, Oct 3, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 3, 2019
  4. WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message"

Error: "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again" on Windows 10

Hi Irish,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you disable the third-party anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If
    you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: Change the settings in Windows Credentials.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Credential Manager icon.
    • Select Windows Credentials at the top right in Credential Manager.
    • Under the Generic Credentials section, look for the listed
      MicrosoftAccount:user= (Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account.
    • Expand open the MicrosoftAccount:user=(Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account, and click/tap on Remove.
    • Click on Yes to confirm.
    • Sign out from the current user account, sign in and check with the status of this issue.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of verifying the user account credentials for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message"

1. WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message" - Similar Threads - Email Please fix

2. We can't sign into your account. Some help me please fix this please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't sign into your account. Some help me please fix this please: We can't singn in into your account please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-into-your-account-some-help-me-please/fc35cf65-0e56-4da5-9cce-c762cd965004
  3. We can't sign into your account. Some help me please fix this please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't sign into your account. Some help me please fix this please: We can't singn in into your account please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-into-your-account-some-help-me-please/fc35cf65-0e56-4da5-9cce-c762cd965004
  4. Please fix your store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please fix your store.: Please fix Microsoft store. There's so many issues and I CANNOT find any alternatives on google. The main issue is nothing is available. I want to download garageband. Doesn't show up. I want to download LMMS, doesn't show up. I want to download FL Studio, doesn't show up....
  5. Please fix your store.

Please fix your store.: Please fix Microsoft store. There's so many issues and I CANNOT find any alternatives on google. The main issue is nothing is available. I want to download garageband. Doesn't show up. I want to download LMMS, doesn't show up. I want to download FL Studio, doesn't show up....
  6. Fix your account message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fix your account message: Several times a day I get a Need to Fix your account message that requires my user name and password which when I provide it I am told the problem is fixed. And then it happens again. I must use my passwords for all apps even if I checked the "save password" box. What can...
  7. Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account"

Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account": Dear Microsoft, Please fix the notification error "We need to fix your Microsoft account". I have done all I can based on previous posts & advice, and it ultimately those have not worked. Despite disabling "shared experience" thing, skype, etc, the only other thing is the...
  8. Daily email: Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed...

Daily email: Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed...: I am using the Outlook email program that came with my computer, an Acer Inspire R5 which is running Win 10. Recently I began receiving a daily email which asks me to update my credentials because "It looks like we don't have permission to get email for *** Email address is...
  9. email account "fix" message.

email account "fix" message.: How do I fix my email accounts. When I click the fix button, it just goes on and on forever. I am up to day with my Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/email-account-fix-message/d879a6c8-7bb8-4f71-9332-a6a863881b07"
  10. Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!: Hello Since the last windows update i need to restart windows explorer 10 times per day because the task bar with start button on bottom of windows is not closing when im watching videos etc. When you restart explorer is goes away with task manager. And one more thing its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Please update your credentials for the account ....It looks like we dont have permission to get email for

2. Please update your credentials for the account

3. Please update your credentials

4. please update your credentials outlook,
  5. please update your credentials for,
  6. keep getting update credentials msg,
  7. hoe to update credentials for my account,
  8. message please update your credentials,
  9. cant perform please update your credentials,
  10. fix update your credentials email